this was posted on Brits2Vancouver
Name & Address of UK Insurer
To Whom It May Concern:
RE: Request for non-standard Proof of No Claims Letter
My name is XXX, and between Month YR and MONTH YEAR, I held a Motor Insurance Policy with your organisation. I am writing to you today to ask if you can provide me with a non-standard Proof of No Claims Letter. The reason for this is that I have recently emigrated to Vancouver, Canada, and in order for me transfer my No Claims Bonus to a Canadian insurer, a letter whose contents is different to a standard British Proof of No Claims Letter is required.
This non-standard letter, printed on paper containing your company letterhead, must include the following pieces of information:
1. The Policy Number I held with you.
2. The date my Motor Insurance Policy with you commenced.
3. The date my Motor Insurance Policy with you ended.
4. A sentence describing the type of insurance held – i.e. “fully comprehensive”.
5. A sentence explaining that I made no claims during this time.
6. A sentence describing the total number of years’ No Claims Bonus I had gained by the time my policy ended – e.g. “At the time of cancellation, Mr McNab was entitled to a 71% No Claims Discount representing 6 years claim free driving.” Please note that the number of years accrued must be stated, and not just a No Claims percentage bonus.
7. A sentence describing the number of years’ No Claims Bonus I accrued with your organisation alone during this period – e.g. “Mr XXX accrued 2 years of No Claims Discount whilst insured with us.”