Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

NNSA Registration Question

NNSA Registration Question

Old Jul 25th 2016, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default NNSA Registration Question

My girlfriend is completing NNAS registration to see if she can be a Psychiatric Nurse in Alberta.

Could one of the nurses who have been through the process help us with a couple of questions please?

On Part B it asks:

If the jurisdiction or country of your initial nursing program does not issue a license, does your diploma give you the right to practise?

Yes/No
If she answers yes the following is asked:

Diploma Number?
We're unsure if Diploma Number refers to the NMC Pin? Also the Diploma doesn't technically give a right to practise so did the UK nurses answer yes or no to this question?

Part C: Examination
For Canadian Nursing Examinations: Please provide the following details on all Canadian Nursing Examinations that you have written.

For Nursing Examinations outside of Canada: The following questions refer to Nursing Examinations you may have completed in your home country or other locations outside of Canada.
We're unsure if this relates to nursing examinations taken on a nursing degree or if not what does this refer to?

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated, cheers.

Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:49 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NNSA Registration Question

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
My girlfriend is completing NNAS registration to see if she can be a Psychiatric Nurse in Alberta.

Could one of the nurses who have been through the process help us with a couple of questions please?

On Part B it asks:

If she answers yes the following is asked:

We're unsure if Diploma Number refers to the NMC Pin? Also the Diploma doesn't technically give a right to practise so did the UK nurses answer yes or no to this question?

We're unsure if this relates to nursing examinations taken on a nursing degree or if not what does this refer to?

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated, cheers.

I applied pre NNAS so I can't help you I'm afraid although I tend to agree with your statement that the Diploma doesn't in itself give you a license to practice. I also don't think the NMC pin can be the diploma number but of course I haven't gone through that process. You could try ringing to ask? Or maybe try posting on All Nurses- someone might have been through NNAS recently..

Sorry I can't be more useful!!
Old Jul 26th 2016, 2:26 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I applied pre NNAS so I can't help you I'm afraid although I tend to agree with your statement that the Diploma doesn't in itself give you a license to practice. I also don't think the NMC pin can be the diploma number but of course I haven't gone through that process. You could try ringing to ask? Or maybe try posting on All Nurses- someone might have been through NNAS recently..

Not one of your best replies TT
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah no problem thanks anyway, this post was pretty much aimed at you as you seem to help a lot with nurse queries! My girlfriend will just have to email for clarification.

Do you happen to know if applications through the NNAS are faster than pre-NNAS? I remember reading your saga and it taking years!
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Still takes many months to years, no real change with NNAS doing pre work
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:33 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Ah no problem thanks anyway, this post was pretty much aimed at you as you seem to help a lot with nurse queries! My girlfriend will just have to email for clarification.

Do you happen to know if applications through the NNAS are faster than pre-NNAS? I remember reading your saga and it taking years!
Well it took two years and four months from start to finish... Ho hum!

We haven't had anyone post on here that's through NNAS but I'm not on here regularly anymore so not sure..
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well it took two years and four months from start to finish... Ho hum!

We haven't had anyone post on here that's through NNAS but I'm not on here regularly anymore so not sure..
Was it worth the effort? That's a ridiculously long time. It's almost going getting a Canadian nursing degree!