NEXUS card

Old Jun 10th 2016, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS card

Our youngest is 16. At the interview they insisted on talking to one of his parents as well, even though all applications were done by me and he was the last in , so they already knew we consented. Same interviewer.
You may need to double check no parents need to be present for the interview.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Question HGerchikov - did you interview at Pearson as well?
Yes. Myself, husband and youngest son.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snoopdawg
Our youngest is 16. At the interview they insisted on talking to one of his parents as well, even though all applications were done by me and he was the last in , so they already knew we consented. Same interviewer.
You may need to double check no parents need to be present for the interview.
Yeah its saying in GOES one parent needs to be with me. I can make it a road trip with my mum no biggie

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Yes. Myself, husband and youngest son.
Alright cheers!
Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

What happens at the interview?

What kind of things do they ask you?

Thanks!

S
Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:14 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
What happens at the interview?

What kind of things do they ask you?

Thanks!

S
Your go to the desk, announce your arrival, sit and wait- in our case they were running behind by about an hour so don't cut it too fine time wise.
We were interviewed individually by the American Officer, then the Canadian one. We were with the 16 year old when he did his.

Asked details re name, DOB, address, mothers maiden name, passport details- take all documents that they tell you to! Asked why we wanted the Nexus card, where had we travelled to in the past year- eldest pup was asked if he had ever been to Lebanon, Syria etc.... He hadn't!

Asked the pups what plans they had in life, would they want to be doctors as well( not necessarily a standard question) They were pretty friendly actually, especially the Canadian officer- he asked Snoop if she would move to Vancouver as he needed a family doc

Then once done, iris scans and then done and off to the pub. Oh, btw Gozit- considerably longer than 2 hours from the Okanagan to YVR

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jun 10th 2016 at 5:53 am.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they don't ask me if I want to be a doctor. Well I am one, but not of the medical kind!!

If they ask me why I want a Nexus card I will just be really honest and say that I have been travelling more by plane within Canada and it's for saving time at the airport.

S
Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:18 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they don't ask me if I want to be a doctor. Well I am one, but not of the medical kind!!

S
No, don't worry, eldest pup said that he was going to be a womanizing, international jet setting playboy and youngest one can't see beyond dinner time and his next session of online gaming

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jun 10th 2016 at 5:51 am.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup

Your go to the desk, announce your arrival, sit and wait- in our case they were running behind by about an hour so don't cut it too fine time wise.
We were interviewed individually by the American Officer, then the Canadian one. We were with the 16 year old when he did his.

Asked details re name, DOB, address, mothers maiden name, passport details- take all documents that they tell you to! Asked why we wanted the Nexus card, where had we travelled to in the past year- eldest pup was asked if he had ever been to Lebanon, Syria etc.... He hadn't!

Asked the pups what plans they had in life, would they want to be doctors as well( not necessarily a standard question) They were pretty friendly actually, especially the Canadian officer- he asked Snoop if she would move to Vancouver as he needed a family doc

Then once done, iris scans and then done and off to the pub. Oh, btw Gozit- considerably longer than 2 hours from the Okanagan to YVR
Cool, all seems pretty standard.

And the only reason I mentioned the drive was because Snowy asked if she should get the card to which I said no reason not to unless for some reason you can't make the drive down. Its hard for some to get off work for an appointment. I love me a good road trip so not a problem whatsoever
Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:52 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
i wouldn't bother mentioning Maltese citizenship or other passport....
Really?
Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:05 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Silly question, what's the passport validity requirement for NEXUS? I know the card is valid for 5 years, so does that also mean you need at least 5 years validity on your passport?

Given the frequency that Lauren and I are going to Buffalo, we are seriously considering getting nexus cards, plus we'd get the small person one too.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Really?
Yep. I put it in. It can't hurt.

Originally Posted by sharkus
Silly question, what's the passport validity requirement for NEXUS? I know the card is valid for 5 years, so does that also mean you need at least 5 years validity on your passport?

Given the frequency that Lauren and I are going to Buffalo, we are seriously considering getting nexus cards, plus we'd get the small person one too.
It can be any validity, but for Global Entry the CBP officer scans your passport so you can use it to enter the US without going through regular immigration. So if you get a new passport after you get NEXUS you may have troubles using your passport to enter the US via Global Entry kiosks. So the recommendation for me by FL was get a new passport since mine expires pretty soon (Sept/2017) so the CBP officer scans the new passport and i'm good for 10 years. If I used my current passport, after I got a new one I would have to revisit the NEXUS office (in Pearson) to get it updated for global entry.

Hope that makes sense!
Old Jun 10th 2016, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just scanned this thread and couldn't find the answer. Once you submit online, how does the review take before you know if you will schedule an interview?

And

If you are a (Canadian) PR, US visa exempt (say UK citizen) and you have Nexus does that obviate the need for the visa waiver or not?

I'm very jet lagged so if I should know the answer to this, tell me off!

S
Old Jun 10th 2016, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just scanned this thread and couldn't find the answer. Once you submit online, how does the review take before you know if you will schedule an interview?

And

If you are a (Canadian) PR, US visa exempt (say UK citizen) and you have Nexus does that obviate the need for the visa waiver or not?

I'm very jet lagged so if I should know the answer to this, tell me off!

S
On the site somewhere (hard to find, the website sucks, don't blame you!) it says 4-6 weeks. In practise I am hoping that to be shorter as that would cut it close to my 8th August trip. I have to go on GOES and finish/finalise my app tonight so I will keep everyone updated.

If you are a UK national you still need to have the visa waiver (I-94 for land and ESTA for air) , but the NEXUS gets you expedited processing via the NEXUS line at the land border for this purpose (I-94) , and the ESTA is obviously done online so no change to that

Cheerio
Old Jun 10th 2016, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you very much for the info!

S
Old Jun 10th 2016, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Really?
Because on the application you would be applying as a Canadian citizen and your other country of citizenship wouldn't be relevant. I know in Section A of the paper application form it asks for details of other passports you have. So by the same token if you had dual citizenship but no passport what would be the relevance?

The application doesn't ask if you have citizenship of another country it asks which category are you applying under i.e. Canadian, US or Other and asks for place of birth. It doesn't specifically ask if you have citizenship of another country.

Both Canadian and US enrolment officers when seeing another passport along with a Canadian passport tell the applicant to put it away as the other passport might require visa requirements.

I certainly don't see any misrepresentation by not declaring you hold another passport when holding a Canadian or US passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.