NEXUS card

Old Jun 9th 2016, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS card

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
We applied for my son under one passport and then by the time we got the interview his had been replaced (not just a renewal as he went from a child's passport to an adult one - I am assuming you will do the same, he is almost exactly the same age as you). We just took both passports (the old cancelled one and the new one) to the interview, absolutely no problem whatsoever.

BTW - thanks for this thread, reminded me to update my passport info on the GOES site as I just renewed it.
Question HGerchikov - did you interview at Pearson as well?
Old Jun 9th 2016, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Thanks. Should I bring their marriage cert as well just to prove they are married and thus no custody probs?

If you travel at least once a year I would do it for sure. You also get TSA Precheck in the US and priority border crossings. The only hurdle is getting to the interview centre, its kind of a PITA as for me its 2hrs drive away in Toronto. Nice to know they were lenient in letting you (non-NEXUS holders) through with the NEXUS holder. Maybe they'll let me through when I go with family this summer.
Oh you precious snowflake a 2 hour drive for an appointment. Think of those who live in Newfoundland, New Brunswick and PEI who's nearest enrolment centre is Woodstock or Halifax. Regina & Saskatoon have a choice of Winnipeg, Edmonton or Calgary.
Yellowknife is 1500 kms from Edmonton.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Oh you precious snowflake a 2 hour drive for an appointment. Think of those who live in Newfoundland, New Brunswick and PEI who's nearest enrolment centre is Woodstock or Halifax. Regina & Saskatoon have a choice of Winnipeg, Edmonton or Calgary.
Yellowknife is 1500 kms from Edmonton.
LOL - I don't really care about the drive. I can easily book a day off work once school is finished and go for the interview, no harm done. Others, not so easy. I was just pointing out to Snowy that may be the difficulty is all. And I doubt many people who live in the territories are travelling internationally very often. Its about supply/demand and they put the centres where there will be traffic and where people will *want* to apply for a Nexus card, and there isn't anything wrong with that.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 12:39 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
LOL - I don't really care about the drive. I can easily book a day off work once school is finished and go for the interview, no harm done. Others, not so easy. I was just pointing out to Snowy that may be the difficulty is all. And I doubt many people who live in the territories are travelling internationally very often. Its about supply/demand and they put the centres where there will be traffic and where people will *want* to apply for a Nexus card, and there isn't anything wrong with that.
Why do you think that??
I've come across a reasonable number of people from those parts and I bet they have clocked up way more airmiles than you!

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jun 10th 2016 at 1:09 am.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Most people I enrolled got the NEXUS card for domestic flights only to avoid the long CATSA line ups.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 12:58 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I think my reaction to the NEXUS programme is sort of like the reaction someone has who has been subjected to torture and is then released.

Yeah it's a bureaucratic pain in the ass but it's a pain at a time and place of your choosing.

Whereas you've got little or no idea what's going on at the airport when you fly in or fly out (and certainly not when you book the flight).

I went through Orlando in February, my God that is the worst line for TSA I have ever seen, I literally had to claw my way around the walls of the terminal to get to the pre-check line, I could barely breath. Just a mass of people standing next to each other waiting.

It was such an overwhelming feeling of relief, I think I would have died of a heart attack if I'd had to stand in the regular line.

Last edited by Steve_; Jun 10th 2016 at 1:01 am.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:00 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
It wouldn't be too bad for me as I live in Vancouver and there are a couple of places it could be.

I'd only be concerned as to whether I would be approved. I have no reason to think I wouldn't but why might someone not be?

S
Bear in mind the criteria for criminal convictions is a very low bar, from the guff they sent me I got the impression that anything more serious than a speeding ticket would get you disqualified.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Most people I enrolled got the NEXUS card for domestic flights only to avoid the long CATSA line ups.
Which is why I am thinking of doing it.

Gozit: I think people from the territories can travel quite a lot. I was travelling with a colleague from the Yukon while we've been in Halifax these last few days and that person travels very frequently for work (far more than I do).

S
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Bear in mind the criteria for criminal convictions is a very low bar, from the guff they sent me I got the impression that anything more serious than a speeding ticket would get you disqualified.
Apart from criminality or speeding tickets (!), what else could disqualify you do you think?

S
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apart from criminality or speeding tickets (!), what else could disqualify you do you think?

S
Previous seizures or non compliance with Customs & Immigration regulations or other Govts legislation.
NEXUS - Terms and Conditions
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

But if you've just led a normal life even if you weren't employed the whole 5 years (they ask for 5 year employment history), no seizures, criminality or speeding tickets, you should be okay?

I don't actually have a history of going to the US that much. Does that matter?

I've filled in the online form and am just debating as to whether to pay the $50 and apply.

S
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But if you've just led a normal life even if you weren't employed the whole 5 years (they ask for 5 year employment history), no seizures, criminality or speeding tickets, you should be okay?

I don't actually have a history of going to the US that much. Does that matter?

I've filled in the online form and am just debating as to whether to pay the $50 and apply.

S
It doesn't matter how often or where you travel or even if you travel. If eligible pay the $50. One missed connecting flight would cost you more in anxiety and stress and perhaps money.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

It doesn't matter how often or where you travel or even if you travel. If eligible pay the $50. One missed connecting flight would cost you more in anxiety and stress and perhaps money.
Thank you � ����

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 10th 2016 at 2:36 am.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:40 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Snoop did all the donkey work, form filling etc so it was dead easy for me, just keep my nose clean and don't try and smuggle Wotsits and Quavers without declaring them. Nexus as others have said is a no brainer...get one
Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Why do you think that??
I've come across a reasonable number of people from those parts and I bet they have clocked up way more airmiles than you!
Eh, just assumption I suppose. Probably shouldn't go making statements based on such but hey ho. Statistically anyways they've got "less" travelers because less population so still why they won't put a Nexus office up there.

Yep... You don't know the benefits till you get through it. I experienced that for the first time travelling on an EU passport into Europe, passport control took 35 seconds. Passing the rows and rows of Canadians and North Americans in the non-EU nationals lane and being able to just get to my connecting flight was awesome.

Originally Posted by Steve_
Honestly I think my reaction to the NEXUS programme is sort of like the reaction someone has who has been subjected to torture and is then released.

Yeah it's a bureaucratic pain in the ass but it's a pain at a time and place of your choosing.

Whereas you've got little or no idea what's going on at the airport when you fly in or fly out (and certainly not when you book the flight).

I went through Orlando in February, my God that is the worst line for TSA I have ever seen, I literally had to claw my way around the walls of the terminal to get to the pre-check line, I could barely breath. Just a mass of people standing next to each other waiting.

It was such an overwhelming feeling of relief, I think I would have died of a heart attack if I'd had to stand in the regular line.
Huge +1... Orlando is terrible because of Disney/Universal... We are flying through there in Dec and i'll be the only one with NEXUS.....I think i'll go through the precheck line

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Snoop did all the donkey work, form filling etc so it was dead easy for me, just keep my nose clean and don't try and smuggle Wotsits and Quavers without declaring them. Nexus as others have said is a no brainer...get one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.