NEXUS card

Old Dec 14th 2016, 9:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS card

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So in other words you are saying you received efficient and professional services from a Government Agency who employ dedicated workers to serve the public
We did indeed.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter is a Canadian citizen (has current C passport) but got new UK passport just before Christmas. I know it needs to be updated on her NEXUS details (they told husband at interview). We are going to the US on Thursday (via car). I could go to the CBSA Main Street office in Vancouver tomorrow if it is open.

- do I need to do it before we go?

- is there any other way to do it? I assume not if it's the same as when I got a new PR card.

- I remember when I went with my new PR card, the administrator said it takes about 48 hours to update. So it wouldn't be updated before we go. Does that affect using the card?

Thanks very much if anyone knows!

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 27th 2016 at 12:35 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Daughter is a Canadian citizen (has current C passport) but got new UK passport just before Christmas. I know it needs to be updated on her NEXUS details (they told husband at interview). We are going to the US on Thursday (via car). I could go to the CBSA Main Street office in Vancouver tomorrow if it is open.

- do I need to do it before we go?

- is there any other way to do it? I assume not if it's the same as when I got a new PR card.

- I remember when I went with my new PR card, the administrator said it takes about 48 hours to update. So it wouldn't be updated before we go. Does that affect using the card?

Thanks very much if anyone knows!

S
Can I update my passport/lawful permanent resident card information in GOES?
Yes, you can update any passport or U.S. lawful permanent resident card that is in GOES. If the document information is not already in GOES, you must go to a trusted traveler enrollment center to add that information.

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/goes/common/FAQ.html

As its only the UK passport that needs updating and you won't be using that to cross the border you can either call in at the enrolment office before travelling or do it after your trip as she has a valid Canadian passport.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks very much.
I'll try updating it in the GOES account.
If I can't do that, I'll go to the office tomorrow. It won't be any easier next week as I will have even less time.

S
Old Dec 27th 2016, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

On daughter's updated documents, I am only allowed to update her Canadian passport so will have to make the trip.

I looked at mine. They still have the old PR Card details (even though I went into the office in November and the admin person took a photocopy and said it would update in 48 hours) so the record is still showing the truncated middle name and old expiry date which isn't till Feb 2017 ....

I am given the option to update the PRC but not the option to update the middle name from **** to ****A (as my new PRC doesn't have the truncated version). The same is true for my DL license which has now also been changed as I was allowed a new one once I got the new PRC. I decided to leave it all alone and am going to leave it all alone until I get back.

Too much stress for two days after Christmas!

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 27th 2016 at 2:47 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, so from I gather from this thread and a net search this is only for Canadian citizens with passports.

What is the process like to get to and from the US of the great trump land, on a TWP?

Not sure if I should start a new thread!
Old Dec 27th 2016, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evets
Hello, so from I gather from this thread and a net search this is only for Canadian citizens with passports.

What is the process like to get to and from the US of the great trump land, on a TWP?

Not sure if I should start a new thread!
To be eligible for the NEXUS, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States.

In other words those on a TWP cannot join NEXUS.
If travelling by land you will need to apply for the I94 waiver and pay the $6 fee.
If flying into the USA you will need a valid ESTA which costs $14.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel

UK citizens can apply for Global Entry but personally if you don't travel to the USA a lot I wouldn't bother
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...ry-uk-citizens

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Dec 27th 2016 at 9:50 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

To be eligible for the NEXUS, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States.

In other words those on a TWP cannot join NEXUS.
If travelling by land you will need to apply for the I94 waiver and pay the $6 fee.
If flying into the USA you will need a valid ESTA which costs $14.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel
OK ta, perfect as I thought regarding the NEXUS, not the other parts. Not so easy and price I think could mount up depending on how many time you want to go south of the border.

As a side note, whether by air or land, how is border control getting to the USA and then coming back. It is pretty painless and seamless, or getting into the USA a PITA. I understand Canadians the most friendly people, so think it would be relatively easy as long as you not an ass.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by evets
OK ta, perfect as I thought regarding the NEXUS, not the other parts. Not so easy and price I think could mount up depending on how many time you want to go south of the border.

As a side note, whether by air or land, how is border control getting to the USA and then coming back. It is pretty painless and seamless, or getting into the USA a PITA. I understand Canadians the most friendly people, so think it would be relatively easy as long as you not an ass.
Too many variables. The vast majority don't have any problems travelling back and forth. Crossing on long weekends can be a PITA but thats due to traveller volumes.
Try arriving in Cancun airport at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon and then you might find a reason to complain A 3 hour wait to hand over passport and get it stamped which took around 30 seconds and no questions asked.
I have waited longer in a bank line than crossing the border.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 4:11 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

... I decided to leave it all alone and am going to leave it all alone until I get back.

Too much stress for two days after Christmas!

S
As you are going to the US by car you can always call in at the Nexus office by the Pacific Hwy crossing. I don't think you will need an appointment to update documents.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JonboyE
As you are going to the US by car you can always call in at the Nexus office by the Pacific Hwy crossing. I don't think you will need an appointment to update documents.
Thanks! That's a really good idea. You don't need an appointment to update docs. I didn't with the PR card.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Too many variables. The vast majority don't have any problems travelling back and forth. Crossing on long weekends can be a PITA but thats due to traveller volumes.
Try arriving in Cancun airport at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon and then you might find a reason to complain A 3 hour wait to hand over passport and get it stamped which took around 30 seconds and no questions asked.
I have waited longer in a bank line than crossing the border.
No worries, understandable.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

On daughter's updated documents, I am only allowed to update her Canadian passport so will have to make the trip.

S
That is odd. You should be able to update it in GOES if you included it when you initially applied... That is annoying... Good luck
Old Dec 29th 2016, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gozit
That is odd. You should be able to update it in GOES if you included it when you initially applied... That is annoying... Good luck
Well the trip to the US has been interesting. We went through the NEXUS lane, the officer wanted my pp and addressed all Qs at me only rather sternly (which upset me a bit): why did I apply for nexus/why did I want to travel to the US/when had I last been etc. We had to go into the office for me to do the i94 and it was packed. Then my daughter spotted the NEXUS queue which was really short. From then on it was quick and the border officers were nice. I asked and he explained I can do the i94 online and it would save a bit of time but still would have to go in (which I knew as FL told me on this thread). Other friends had said you don't have to do anything in advance so I hadn't bothered.

I'll sort out the updating as and when ... enough excitement for today.

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 29th 2016 at 12:39 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Well the trip to the US has been interesting. We went through the NEXUS lane, the officer wanted my pp and addressed all Qs at me only rather sternly (which upset me a bit): why did I apply for nexus/why did I want to travel to the US/when had I last been etc. We had to go into the office for me to do the i94 and it was packed. Then my daughter spotted the NEXUS queue which was really short. From then on it was quick and the border officers were nice. I asked and he explained I can do the i94 online and it would save a bit of time but still would have to go in (which I knew as FL told me on this thread). Other friends had said you don't have to do anything in advance so I hadn't bothered.

I'll sort out the updating as and when ... enough excitement for today.
I find the US border is really hit or miss. I drove when we went across, me being the only NEXUS holder I drove through the normal line, they didn't ask any questions apart from confirming it was my parents' vehicle I was driving, because obviously an 17 y/o doesn't have his own newish pickup. But we've had times where they've been snippy.

You'd think the guy wouldn't ask "Why are you applying for nexus" as that would have been covered at the nexus interview

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.