NEXUS card

Old Jul 27th 2016, 12:43 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS card

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I probably beat you in the lack of melanin stakes. My hair is dark brown but my skin is almost luminescent it's so fair. I don't tan much, it's more that my freckles join up in summer. I tend to burn, peel, rinse and repeat.
I don't tan at all. Literally I can go on a sunbed and I just turn red.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 12:49 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXi hUS card

Originally Posted by RubyRose
Steve,
When your Nexus card was reissued did you have to pay to have it done and how long did it take for your new card to arrive.

Thanks,
Ruby
Basically I went to the NEXUS office, showed them my new Canadian passport, said to super grumpy woman I want my card reissued and she goes: "they won't do that that's not a good enough reason" blah blah and two weeks later I got a new card in the mail.

She thoughtfully put my Canadian passport details in incorrectly as well which then caused me problems and on top of that at the time there was a software bug which made it impossible for the mistake to be corrected, but I was able to get it partially fixed, didn't get it completely fixed until my card came up for renewal.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 12:55 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by RubyRose
My biggest fear right now is that for no apparent reason I am sent into secondary and my car is ripped apart.

Ruby
My experience is that the more complaints you file the less likely it is to happen. I've only filed one complaint with CBSA iirc but I've filed loads on CBP. One time I rolled up and the guy at primary went into dickhead mode until my entry record popped up and he looks at it and mumbles: "wow, you've filed a lot of complaints" and then he became much more friendly and helpful.

Another trick when they send you to secondary is to ask for a comment card or a complaint form and then just sit there staring at them intently while you doodle on it.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXi hUS card

Originally Posted by Steve_
Basically I went to the NEXUS office, showed them my new Canadian passport, said to super grumpy woman I want my card reissued and she goes: "they won't do that that's not a good enough reason" blah blah and two weeks later I got a new card in the mail.

She thoughtfully put my Canadian passport details in incorrectly as well which then caused me problems and on top of that at the time there was a software bug which made it impossible for the mistake to be corrected, but I was able to get it partially fixed, didn't get it completely fixed until my card came up for renewal.
Thanks, I will do that.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

My experience is that the more complaints you file the less likely it is to happen. I've only filed one complaint with CBSA iirc but I've filed loads on CBP. One time I rolled up and the guy at primary went into dickhead mode until my entry record popped up and he looks at it and mumbles: "wow, you've filed a lot of complaints" and then he became much more friendly and helpful.

Another trick when they send you to secondary is to ask for a comment card or a complaint form and then just sit there staring at them intently while you doodle on it.
I filed a complaint about both incidents as you had advised. I went across the border on Monday returned without any hassles.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 5:32 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You KNOW this? How do you know? Were you specifically informed by the border patrol? Is it possible that perhaps the race cars is a convenient one to play when something unpleasant occurs?
Card?

What an awful phrase. Of course, white folks know that racial profiling or discrimination is only in the imagination of colored people. That is why we can be so disparaging if they get above themselves and complain about it.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 9:36 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

I've been discriminated against because of my accent, ever had that happen?
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:36 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been discriminated against because of my accent, ever had that happen?
Frequently in the past, in the UK. I'm a shandy-drinking southerner.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

My experience is that the more complaints you file the less likely it is to happen.
Ended up talking with my neighbour this afternoon who I don't get along with too much. His wife is pleasant...he's a scrote. Anyways, he was born in the UK, came here as a young child with his family.

A couple of years ago him and his wife crossed into the US at Ogdensburg, NY and he presented his Canadian and UK passports and his Canadian citizenship card. I find this quite unusual as I'm surprised he still has a valid UK passport. US border guy tells him that this isn't possible he can't have 2 citizenships. He said he had two and it was permitted. This went on for a while and finally the US guy hauled him into the building for a 1 hour search of the vehicle/documents etc. At some point in the whole 1 hour encounter my neighbour told the US border guys that he felt like he was being considered as a terrorist and was all this necessary etc. Finally they let him go after everything checked out with him.

Going back into Canada the Canadian border people told him that the US border people don't seem to realize that you can have 2 passports.

My neighbour is a mid 30's, caucasian guy w/o any accent (other than a Canadian one..UK accent disappeared).

Ever since then, every time he crosses the border he gets hauled into the building. He figures he was red-flagged.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Frequently in the past, in the UK. I'm a shandy-drinking southerner.
Thats almost grounds to have your NEXUS card revoked.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Still no approval. 6-8 week timeframe has completed. Should I reach out to CBSA?
Old Aug 6th 2016, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the same so it's not you specifically.

S
Old Aug 6th 2016, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Still no approval. 6-8 week timeframe has completed. Should I reach out to CBSA?
I got an email at work yesterday stating that it was taking 77 days for USCBP to carry out the background checks. I emailed the USCBP Port Director and asked if they had hired Donald Trump to do the vetting?
Old Aug 7th 2016, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Should I reach out to CBSA?
I think you already did ... and you got a response!

S
Old Aug 7th 2016, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I got an email at work yesterday stating that it was taking 77 days for USCBP to carry out the background checks. I emailed the USCBP Port Director and asked if they had hired Donald Trump to do the vetting?
Eek !

Thanks for the info... Hopefully not too much longer then
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.