Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Need Advice for Kids who do not want to move to Canada

Need Advice for Kids who do not want to move to Canada

Old Jan 15th 2015, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice for Kids who do not want to move to Canada

Originally Posted by MillieF
Very best of luck Beavis....whatever you do you will feel wrong and guilty about it

It just goes with the territory

I have been a bt surprised that having moved with an 11 year old, I have just discovered, that now aged 14, that he is firmly decided on moving back to where we came from....he likes the kids here, is doing well academically and socially, but says it will never be home...one can only do ones best

I moved around a lot as a child. I sometimes (often) hated it, but usually ended up managing to "fit in".

I immigrated to Canada with 2 under-five children who never looked back. Had another child here. 2/3 experienced bullying in the same school, several years apart. Moved back to the UK briefly with a 15 year old who was gung-ho for the move for about 72 hours . School, for the brief time she attended, was a disaster.

We've been back in Canada for a while. She says she'd like to try Europe again.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you can never know until you try...

Millie has a good and pragmatic outlook

I have friends here, another immigrant family with 7 children. 4/7 have returned to Europe, as adults. They don't dislike Canada, they're just making the best of both worlds ...
Old Jan 15th 2015, 1:55 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice for Kids who do not want to move to Canada

Originally Posted by Shirtback

I moved around a lot as a child. I sometimes (often) hated it, but usually ended up managing to "fit in".

I immigrated to Canada with 2 under-five children who never looked back. Had another child here. 2/3 experienced bullying in the same school, several years apart. Moved back to the UK briefly with a 15 year old who was gung-ho for the move for about 72 hours . School, for the brief time she attended, was a disaster.

We've been back in Canada for a while. She says she'd like to try Europe again.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you can never know until you try...

Millie has a good and pragmatic outlook

I have friends here, another immigrant family with 7 children. 4/7 have returned to Europe, as adults. They don't dislike Canada, they're just making the best of both worlds ...

Good point. Our kids I'm sure will be just the same. We're in the throws of citizenship (should have done it ages ago but you know). Then the girls can come and go as the please. Our 12 year old is flying back on her own this summer for a vacation in UK/France with her respective Grandmothers. She's full of anticipation now, but when she gets there, of her cousins etc, they and she will remember nothing. It's not a reason not to go back - we are positively encouraging it - but for her it's no more than an adventure. She pretends she remembers, but not really. She'll still (I hope) have a wonderful time, but she lives here in Canada. Her family is here. Her friends are here. here home is here. I think you really have to make a supreme effort to make it work. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday you'll make it work.......