Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada from the UK

Moving to Canada from the UK

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

ethnicstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Canada from the UK

Hi all,

I find this the best way to find information on Canada so here it goes. I'm moving to Canada in April (Ideally Toronto) on the International Experience Visa. I was just wondering that even though i'm on this visa would i be allowed to come out of Canada and back in as I have family in the US? I would assume it wouldn't be an issue?

Regarding jobs I know it would be better if I had a job lined up before I come to Canada, but regarding the major cities in Canada which is better for employment opportunities within a Marketing background.

Last point any advice for a newcomer to Canada for a year would be much appreciated

thank you
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada from the UK

Originally Posted by ethnicstar
Hi all,

I find this the best way to find information on Canada so here it goes. I'm moving to Canada in April (Ideally Toronto) on the International Experience Visa. I was just wondering that even though i'm on this visa would i be allowed to come out of Canada and back in as I have family in the US? I would assume it wouldn't be an issue?

Regarding jobs I know it would be better if I had a job lined up before I come to Canada, but regarding the major cities in Canada which is better for employment opportunities within a Marketing background.

Last point any advice for a newcomer to Canada for a year would be much appreciated

thank you
No issue on leaving and entering Canada on the IEC provided you have the correct documents to do so i.e. valid passports, visas if required to enter the other countries and ESTA and eTA if flying. No eTA or ESTA required if crossing land border Canada/USA however you would need the I94 waiver and pay $6 USD to enter the USA. I94's valid for 90 days and multiple trips.