Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Old Apr 28th 2016, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

lhanna01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Hi

Iv been reading many posts about us nurses trying to get registered. Can I ask is there anyone here a paediatric nurse? I am trained in Paeds and I would wreckon I will get my application refused but I am trying to gage what sort of training they would suggest I do.

Thanks for any help
Old May 2nd 2016, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

ponylife is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious, has anyone stayed in the UK until they are ready to start applying for jobs? Would it worked out cheaper with flights for exams whilst working a lower paid job compared to a SN in England?
Old May 2nd 2016, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

telgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just starting the RN Bridging programme whilst living here in the UK. My plan is to complete the theory online and travel there for the practical hours when required. I believe I do not need a visa for this. Has anyone gone to Canada to live whilst completing the RN Bridging programme and worked in a different profession until they can apply for a licence to nurse? If so, can I ask if you require a visa and if so which one? I am wondering if this is another option for me now as I have had enough of being here in the UK.
Old May 2nd 2016, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably looking at student visa. Better check but usually before allowed to work within healthcare you need a medical. Although living here under husbands TWP when I got a student visa to do my courses for the CRNNS I had to have a medical before a student visa was issued
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

telgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Probably looking at student visa. Better check but usually before allowed to work within healthcare you need a medical. Although living here under husbands TWP when I got a student visa to do my courses for the CRNNS I had to have a medical before a student visa was issued
Thanks for that Silverdragon. Can I ask if the medicals are hard and how long they take? I bet there expensive as well.
Old May 2nd 2016, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Medical school wasn't too bad, blood test, weight, eye test, chest X-ray, general questionnaire and urine test. Costs vary and if you check CIC website you should find list of acceptable doctors. You don't have to be in Canada to do a medical. Also valid for 12 months so would suggest you don't do it until close to coming to Canada to study/work
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

I did the Bridging Program on a study permit. My husband was issued with a spousal open work permit and got work pretty quickly in the healthcare field (he is a manager). [
BC is actively recruiting for RN's and Psychiatric Nurses so you might find the process easier. QUOTE=aja424;11918451]Thanks for the info. Did you do all this on a TWP or student visa?
I'm also looking at Calgary, any idea on the job situation for psychiatric nurses?
Looking on the internet it seems that healthcare providers in BC are a little more helpful with the process and actively looking to recruit IEN's so B.C is looking like a good option.[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 4th 2016, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi peeshpie, are you in Canada yet?
If so, whereabouts?
If not, when are you off?
Old Aug 8th 2016, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

I am in Calgary. Been here since Aug 2014. Did the Bridge to Canadian Nursing Program at MRU. Working in acute care, Med/Surg.
QUOTE=aja424;12020101]Hi peeshpie, are you in Canada yet?
If so, whereabouts?
If not, when are you off?[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 9th 2016, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Did studying in Canada mean you could bypass a TWP and apply for permanent resident from within Canada?