Reload this Page >

Montreal - Yea or Nea?

Montreal - Yea or Nea?

Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

k1gou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montreal - Yea or Nea?

Hey all

I graduated in July of 2009. I've had a few varied jobs since then but I just can't get anything permanent. Having been out of work for a while now, I'm thinking of packing it all up and heading to Canada for a while on the BUNAC WHV Visa. I was considering Montreal as it looks like a really vibrant and cultural city. I speak basic French but I am no means fluent. My question is, how good does your friend need to be to live in Montreal? Will I find it hard to get work?

Any general Canadian advice is welcome as I am open to anywhere but Montreal had just tugged at my heart strings :-).
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:00 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Montreal - Yea or Nea?

Oui ou non, surely.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 3:26 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k1gou
My question is, how good does your friend need to be to live in Montreal? Will I find it hard to get work?
Welcome to the forum ... excellent typo btw
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

I think you will need to speak fairly fluent French to get a job, bearing in mind french is the national language of Quebec. That said, when I was there last, I ordered my coffee in my best French (not good at all), they replied in French and then proceeded to chat to their colleagues in English, go figure!