Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone SIM

Mobile Phone SIM

Old Nov 21st 2014, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phone SIM

You can buy the prepaid SIM cards online - https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/...ies/index.html - though it's a pain finding this on their rubbishy website! Mine came in just a couple of days. Be careful you order the correct one - make sure you choose the one that says PREPAID and which is the correct size for your phone (standard/micro/nano).

You have to be careful about whether or not your existing phone will work with Koodo too. My HTC Desire wouldn't work with Koodo when I came over. How do I know if my phone will work on the Koodo network | Koodo Mobile allows you to check. Your phone will need to be unlocked too. Hope that helps!!

Last edited by Collie; Nov 21st 2014 at 8:53 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phone SIM

Originally Posted by Collie
You can buy the prepaid SIM cards online - https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/...ies/index.html - though it's a pain finding this on their rubbishy website! Mine came in just a couple of days. Be careful you order the correct one - make sure you choose the one that says PREPAID and which is the correct size for your phone (standard/micro/nano).

You have to be careful about whether or not your existing phone will work with Koodo too. My HTC Desire wouldn't work with Koodo when I came over. How do I know if my phone will work on the Koodo network | Koodo Mobile allows you to check. Your phone will need to be unlocked too. Hope that helps!!
I stand corrected then. Thanks - Yes your phone needs to be HSPA/HSPA+ compatible. Koodo doesn't have an EDGE network. Only HSPA/HSPA+/LTE