Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

misery at Vancouver housing cost?

misery at Vancouver housing cost?

Old Jun 26th 2015, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: misery at Vancouver housing cost?

Originally Posted by el_richo
Most likely. I read the average British Columbian spends an average of 38% of their disposable income on weed and another 134% on house payments.

Crazy f*^kers
If this were true, we wouldn't be so miserable!
Old Jun 26th 2015, 6:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
If this were true, we wouldn't be so miserable!
Old Jun 26th 2015, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

vanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond repute

Hate the smell of pot.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 7:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vanity
Hate the smell of pot.
This country seems an odd choice then. Are you aware that it gets cold in Canada?
Old Jun 26th 2015, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

vanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond repute

Are you suggesting, dbd33, that anyone who comes to Canada should love the idea/smell/lifestyle of pot?

And as to your question, oui oui
Old Jun 26th 2015, 7:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Are you suggesting, dbd33, that anyone who comes to Canada should love the idea/smell/lifestyle of pot?
If you want to integrate with the Canadians you have at least to be comfortable around it, not object to the smell, as it's a cornerstone of their society.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Oh dear, looks like that is out then - never mind, fitting in is not my thing anyways

Hope you're well!
Old Jun 26th 2015, 7:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Oh dear, looks like that is out then - never mind, fitting in is not my thing anyways

Hope you're well!
Well? Er, yes, I suppose I'm well. Off to get weller.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you want to integrate with the Canadians you have at least to be comfortable around it, not object to the smell, as it's a cornerstone of their society.
The last seven words of your post are absolute bollocks. It may be true of the people with whom you associate but it is not true of Canadian society as a whole.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I believe it's changed a bit now but I remember a few years ago looking over the minimum wage rates for the Provinces and seeing BC was among the lowest. Even NB's was higher.
We still appear to be on the lower end, but not the lowest any more by 5 cents.

Although it does go up to 10.40 sometime this year and is now I believe pegged to the consumer price index for increases rather then leaving it low for years and raising it a large % in a short period of time.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 8:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
The last seven words of your post are absolute bollocks. It may be true of the people with whom you associate but it is not true of Canadian society as a whole.
Not only is dope smoking at the core of Canadian life but it's often cited here as being the reason that Canada is, arguably, safer than the UK; the kids are too mellow to fight.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not only is dope smoking at the core of Canadian life but it's often cited here as being the reason that Canada is, arguably, safer than the UK; the kids are too mellow to fight.
I can't go a day without smelling pot, seems more prevalent now in this area then tobbacco and based on the amount of pot stores in Vancouver, well seems to be part of the culture for sure.

I do not smoke it, nor know anyone who does openly (they could for all I know) yet can't go 1 day without smelling it, or seeing someone smoking it out in the open.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 1:26 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I can't go a day without smelling pot, seems more prevalent now in this area then tobbacco and based on the amount of pot stores in Vancouver, well seems to be part of the culture for sure.

I do not smoke it, nor know anyone who does openly (they could for all I know) yet can't go 1 day without smelling it, or seeing someone smoking it out in the open.
I would hate that! I haven't smelt it for years, it's a scent that
Makes me want to throw up
Old Jun 27th 2015, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Exactly - it stinks!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 1:44 am
Account Closed

Well? Er, yes, I suppose I'm well. Off to get weller.
Weller it is...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.