Reload this Page >

Migration companies

Migration companies

Old Feb 3rd 2016, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Joannarose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration companies

Hi,

Please can anyone recommend a migration company that deals with everything from Visas to shipping to transporting a dog, from the Yorkshire. My hubby is Canadian and we have two sons, so will apply for family sponsorship. My husband will be working for a company in Ontario.
Very exciting, but crikey, there's so much to think about! I need help!
Joanna.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 12:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration companies

Originally Posted by Joannarose
Hi,

Please can anyone recommend a migration company that deals with everything from Visas to shipping to transporting a dog, from the Yorkshire. My hubby is Canadian and we have two sons, so will apply for family sponsorship. My husband will be working for a company in Ontario.
Joanna.
Hi there. I don't think you'll find one company that can do all of the above tbh.

For the visas side of things you'd need an immigration consultant, make sure they're licensed by ICCRC. Although do you really need one? Family Class sponsorship is fairly straightforward, and I'm assuming your sons are already Canadian so it would just be you that requires sponsoring? Up to you of course, but with the amazing spousal FAQ on here and help from others who've gone through the process, you could save yourself a few thousand quid!

As for dogs, you can search the forums for recommendations, again you can do it yourself to save money, or you can pay a company such as Sky Dogs.

Shipping, another forum search will give recommended companies (and also ones to avoid).

HTH, good luck.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Joannarose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thank you very much, that's really helpful. I will scour the forums and FAQs.
x
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thank you very much, that's really helpful. I will scour the forums and FAQs.
x
No probs, best of luck! The spousal FAQ is in the Wiki but also a sticky thread at the top of the immigration sub-forum page, so you can find it there.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 5:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirstyp
Hi Joanna and welcome to British Expats

< snipped. >

Has your husband already got a job to go to or is he transferring with his current company? only reason I ask is they may have companies in place that they work with for visa's and immigration that they will put you in touch with?
Her husband doesn't need a visa - he is Canadian - spousal sponsorship is one of the more simple applications and they really shouldn't need an Immigration Consultant to do it for them.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 9th 2016 at 8:14 pm. Reason: Snip the quote
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Joanna.
Hi, we are filling all forms out now and all I can say they look scary and bulky but once you start filling them in and in case any questions look here its pretty much straight forward print them out and give it a go, save yourself some money

and I am saying this - was so scared of filling them wrong now i got over it all few times doesnt look bad anymore
Old Feb 18th 2016, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I was similar to you. My husband is Canadian, so for our three kids we just applied for a certificate of Canadian Citizenship - really straight forward and we did it about 9 months after we moved over here. We also shipped our labrador over with a shipping company and brought two cats over directly on a plane with us. I did the spousal sponsorship and would definitely recommend doing it yourself. The key is to read the forms a good few times and then they do not seem so daunting. Also, use the checklists provided and ask any other questions as you need on the forum. I cannot praise the immigration forum enough. They maintain an amazing spreadsheet that allows you to see where everyone else is in their sponsorship journey (really keeps you sane during stressful times). Best of luck with everything, it all seems daunting but once you get stuck in you will be fine