Reload this Page >

Mental Health Nursing in British Columbia

Mental Health Nursing in British Columbia

Old May 24th 2016, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

misia000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mental Health Nursing in British Columbia

Hi to everyone
I would like to ask about mental health nursing in British Columbia. I hold Mental Health Nursing Bsc Degree from UK. I know that this kind of nursing is recognized is BC. Is it possible to find an employer from UK with a half year experience? How goes a whole process of working as a nurse in CA?
Does anyone have related experience? I did some research but I have not been able to find anything particular
Thanks !
Monique
Old May 24th 2016, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mental Health Nursing in British Columbia

There are several, very long-running threads on the subject of nursing in general, & mental health nursing in particular, on the forum. All include multiple posts from nurses with direct experience.

I did a quick search on google for [canada nursing site:britishexpats.com] & [Canada mental health nurse site:britishexpats.com] & got the main threads on the subject as results (unfortunately, my phone is not cooperating for posting a link to said threads).
Old May 24th 2016, 3:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mental Health Nursing in British Columbia

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by misia000
Hi to everyone
Is it possible to find an employer from UK with a half year experience?
What will your visa status be? If you require an employer to obtain a LMIA for you, then I'd think your chances are very slim, but if you will have PR and be work authorised, then it will be difference. Although having said that, given it seems to take about a year to get licensed to work in Canada for nurses, by then you'll have much more experience anyway.

As said above, loads of recent threads if you want to do a search, including a long one started by a Mental Health Nurse that I've got a feeling was trying to move to BC? Loads of info on that.

HTH, good luck.