Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Love Canada, not sure about the people

I couldn't get through that George Jones tune it was awful.

'Figjam', I looked it up....no I'm not like that, I like other peoples opinions.

I feel quite sad now and a bit humiliated. I just like having fun and how I reply is an expression of my personality.

I'm just going back to being an occasional reader. I am sorry for having opinions contrary to the general consensus. I am sorry if my opinions have seemed liked sweeping generalisations.

I know that if we get the true Orwellian socety I'll be one of the first to go, the ministry of truth will see me off probably

Sorry about the grannies.....They really should keep off the internet though, wrapped up in shawls with their knitting is where grannies are happiest.

Last edited by kate 17; Apr 27th 2010 at 4:42 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:42 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
In all my years, everyone I've met called Rich is an idiot.
I resemble that remark.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate 17
I couldn't get through that George Jones tune it was awful.

'Figjam', I looked it up....no I'm not like that, I like other peoples opinions.

I feel quite sad now and a bit humiliated. I just like having fun and how I reply is an expression of my personality.

I'm just going back to being an occasional reader. I am sorry for having opinions contrary to the general consensus. I am sorry if my opinions have seemed liked sweeping generalisations.

I know that if we get the true Orwellian socety I'll be one of the first to go, the ministry of truth will see me off probably

Sorry about the grannies.....They really should keep off the internet though, wrapped up in shawls with their knitting is where grannies are happiest.
Is this a flounce?
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:49 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Is this a flounce?
I think it's a realisation
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:51 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted on a few different boards over the years and this is by far the most aggressive to new people that I have ever come across.
People who think that are very naive. This board is not aggressive; just don't post bollocks or generalizations (such as the rest of the post I'm quoting)

This seems to be a board where a lot of people don't want opinions they want platitudes. It shows a startling lack of intelligence by some, but not all people.
You want to see platitudes? Take a look a the debt free wannabe boards on MSE.

I'm thinking it's age, too many older folk not that I'm such a spring chicken.

Look at the sparkling wit and repartee of the UK Guardian board for how it should be done!!!
I don't think you are as clever as you like to think you are missy. Statements like this make you come across as a bit of an idiot.

Anyway, my opinion {ducking and shaking with fear} is that Canadians for the most part are nice. They don't show their feelings as much as Brits and I often notice, in Ontario particularly, that they often scowl or seem aggressive when they interact with you. However, I have come to realise that this is often a problem of fear and low self esteem with them this exterior often hides a very kind heart.

A lot of them are simple too, liking what I consider very dull. They don't like to debate except the very odd person who is usually out the mainstream.

The way to really get on with a Canadian is to love hockey and know millions of stats about games and players. To think going to Tim Hortens is a rearl treat and Denny's is a gourmet delight. To shop in Walmart with them and marvel at the deals and to own George Jones cd's and love nascar.

There are the intelligensia though and often they are a true delight. I love, love, many Canadians.
The intelligentsia are c****. F**k them.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:53 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha, the lion that roared turned out to be a kitten.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:53 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

The way to really get on with a Canadian is to love hockey and know millions of stats about games and players. To think going to Tim Hortens is a real treat and Denny's is a gourmet delight. To shop in Walmart with them and marvel at the deals and to own George Jones cd's and love nascar.

Ah, the truth is finally out. You live in a trailer park and are one of them. Now I have a faint understanding of why you make such inane comments.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bramley
No!! just the people who think a woman's place is in the home, no weekends away without their say so and shouldn't have a life

Wow where the hell in Canada do you live? I am married to a Canadian and have all his relatives still living in Canada and not a one of them are anything like you describe. Heck I go away on vacations all the time without my husband. Of course, I let him know I am going and where but if he said, no, he best have a damn good reason for saying it.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:54 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Kate 17 is a good troll
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:57 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Wow where the hell in Canada do you live? I am married to a Canadian and have all his relatives still living in Canada and not a one of them are anything like you describe. Heck I go away on vacations all the time without my husband. Of course, I let him know I am going and where but if he said, no, he best have a damn good reason for saying it.
I'm not commenting on your post but rather, just wanted to say that I find your avatar slightly disturbing.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

More stereotypes... not all grannies knit and not all knitters are grannies....
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
More stereotypes... not all grannies knit and not all knitters are grannies....
No i usually sew when im not out pole dancing
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:43 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I don't think you are as clever as you like to think you are missy. Statements like this make you come across as a bit of an idiot.
Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Is this a flounce?
Originally Posted by el_richo
I think it's a realisation
Quite. I would have thought that the post taking umbrage at being called out as a figjam was justification enough for that epithet (or was it a sobriquet) in the first place.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:41 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
including my wife?
My wife is Canadian & regularly comments on Canadians being two faced. Her take on it is that they are culturally encouraged to be mild mannered & so will be uncompromisingly polite to one's face & subsequently vent when one has left. My inlaws are certainly like this in regards to pretty much everyone they meet (& therefore I assume me also)..
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:08 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
My wife is Canadian & regularly comments on Canadians being two faced. Her take on it is that they are culturally encouraged to be mild mannered & so will be uncompromisingly polite to one's face & subsequently vent when one has left. My inlaws are certainly like this in regards to pretty much everyone they meet (& therefore I assume me also)..
How is this different to Brits, I know plenty like that, here and in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.