Reload this Page >

Looking to move soon

Looking to move soon

Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Jsteph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move soon

Hello,

I am mainly looking for a bit of advice about the best way to go about this and what options that i have.

I am 22 years old working in the property industry letting properties out so I know this is not in the skilled jobs which are required so I looked at the IEC route but to me I would need to wait until Dec/jan which I was hoping to avoid and move earlier and from what I have gathered you are not guaranteed to get a visa this way. That then brought me onto looking at trying to secure a job offer beforehand and then applying for a work permit. I think you can also go down the route of being sponsored?!? there are so many different options and to be honest I am slightly confused and was wondering if anyone has advice?

Work wise I would be happy to do anything as just being over there would be fantastic!

Kind Regards
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move soon

As I said on your other thread, getting an employer prepared to do an LMO app, and a positive LMO app even if you can find the employer, is going to be tricky at 22 yrs old. Now that you've given a bit more info about what you do I think it's even more unlikely tbh, I just can't see any employer needing to do a LMO app, or HRSDC believing that there really are no Canadians that could go your job.

But you could try job hunting to see if you get lucky, and have the IEC as your back up?

Is there any specific reason you're looking to move ASAP?

Have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki, best of luck.