Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking for Expat Stay At Home Mums!

Looking for Expat Stay At Home Mums!

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

New2Vancouver is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking for Expat Stay At Home Mums in the Vancouver area!

Hi,

My husband, myself and our 21 month old little boy recently moved to Vancouver from Alberta. My husband is Canadian, but I am English and have been away from the UK now for 6 years.

Since we've only been here for a few weeks and I haven't really met anybody yet - I was hoping that this method would work!

I'm a stay at home mum to our son - and it would be great to meet any other expats who are in the same situation - especially if they have little ones under the age of three.

So please - send me a message if you would like to make a new friend in a similar position and have your little one make a new friend too!

Thanks!

D

Last edited by New2Vancouver; Jun 2nd 2011 at 6:35 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:29 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Expat Stay At Home Mums!

Welcome to BE,

You will need to make a couple more posts to enable the private messaging system.

Good Luck, and keep an eye out for local expat meetups. There are a few vancouver specific groups out there on the interweb too I think.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the response!

Would be nice to make myself some new friends and find some for my little boy in the process!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

ladylord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by New2Vancouver
Thanks for the response!

Would be nice to make myself some new friends and find some for my little boy in the process!
Whereabouts in Vancouver are you? Myself and little girl are in West Van.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

I have messaged you!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for Expat Stay At Home Mums in the Vancouver area!

Originally Posted by New2Vancouver
Hi,

My husband, myself and our 21 month old little boy recently moved to Vancouver from Alberta. My husband is Canadian, but I am English and have been away from the UK now for 6 years.

Since we've only been here for a few weeks and I haven't really met anybody yet - I was hoping that this method would work!

I'm a stay at home mum to our son - and it would be great to meet any other expats who are in the same situation - especially if they have little ones under the age of three.

So please - send me a message if you would like to make a new friend in a similar position and have your little one make a new friend too!

Thanks!

D
Hi

We move over to Vancouver in 3 weeks with our 27 month old daughter and hopefully my husband should do well enough with work for me to stay at home with my little one, would love to meet some other mums!!

Juliet
Old Jun 5th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Mrs IainMc here. I'm not a stay at home Mum (just returned to work 4 days a week) but may be able to help direct you to good community resources and groups where you may be able to meet people. Would also be very happy to meet up as well if you like. We have a 14 month old boy and live on the Westside of Vancouver. We have been here for just over 3 1/2 years and I have made some great friends in the last year through different Mums groups. Where in Vancouver are you based?

Let me know if I can help,

Michelle