Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Long time lurker.... now registered.

Long time lurker.... now registered.

Old Sep 29th 2014, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

I am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond reputeI am I said has a reputation beyond repute
Default Long time lurker.... now registered.

Since 2008, I think, when I last mused on returning to the home and native land... until rudely interrupted by the financial crisis, which dropped the value of the £ and my house by 20% or so, while North Van real estate seemed blissfully unaffected.

I am a native Canadian, and have lived the last 23 years, 6 months, and 14 days in the UK [approximately].

I have enjoyed this forum immensely, especially the mickey taking of the Canadians . My all time favourite line has to be the relatively recent 'no one has ever asked for help and had a Canadian show up'.

On my frequent visits 'home', I have noticed some of the things that are called out here, particularly the driving. There are a few things on this side of the ocean that still raise my eyebrows, but that will be another post.

I will soon write out a long separate post with a series of questions that only I [and family] can answer, but I am interested in the collective wisdom of the BE.

greg
Old Sep 29th 2014, 11:18 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long time lurker.... now registered.

Welcome to the forum.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 12:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I am I said
I have enjoyed this forum immensely, especially the mickey taking of the Canadians . My all time favourite line has to be the relatively recent 'no one has ever asked for help and had a Canadian show up'.
Thank you.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 2:51 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I am I said

I will soon write out a long separate post with a series of questions that only I [and family] can answer, but I am interested in the collective wisdom of the BE.

greg
Collective wisdom?

That must be the other forum you read Greg