Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Long haul from UK to Canada

Long haul from UK to Canada

Old Dec 12th 2014, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long haul from UK to Canada

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
for a trucking outfit, i don't post the company name on here.
It appears the Mods on here aren't as cynical as myself regarding the trucking industry in Canada , but for the benefit of potential drivers/immigrants you need to state who you're recruiting for , could be West Can or Hit and Run for all we know ?
Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

I have asked the mods if i have to, i'm not here to recruit just to offer advice the same as anyone else. I don't recruit over seas drivers at all.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
It appears the Mods on here aren't as cynical as myself regarding the trucking industry in Canada , but for the benefit of potential drivers/immigrants you need to state who you're recruiting for , could be West Can or Hit and Run for all we know ?
Someone being cynical about the trucking industry,never!
Im wondering what you said to get deleted any chance of a PM?
Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
Absolutely worth it ! If they are under their 10% they can recruit from abroad !
New Brunswick is cheap to live too but work is scarce but being a trucker Dave can work for anyone he chooses. I have lots from that area, if they break 10,000 miles per month we fly them home for time off at our expense.
Definitely worth contacting them !
This interesting.If I worked for your company and did 10,000 miles per month,would you fly me home for time off.It would be the same price if not cheaper than NB.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It appears the Mods on here aren't as cynical as myself regarding the trucking industry in Canada
You may think that we're not cynical, perhaps it may also occur to you that we have access to personal info you don't such as email addresses and IP addresses, which means we can usually check out if somebody is genuine or not pretty easily.

Juggernaut is not acting in a business capacity here, and isn't trying to get any business from the forums, so does not have to give the name of the company he works for. Asking for personal info like that when somebody is just a regular forum member really isn't on, please don't ask again.

Thx.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
This interesting.If I worked for your company and did 10,000 miles per month,would you fly me home for time off.It would be the same price if not cheaper than NB.
minimum 10,000 miles gets you a round ticket home for time off, we are flying ALL our eastern company drivers home for christmas that want to be home, Owner ops dont get free tickets so they get first bite at eastern loads to get home hence we just booked tickets for all our eastern drivers rather than wait & risk not being able to get seats.

Oh and yes rates of pay are the same canada wide regardless of whether you get tickets home

Last edited by Juggernaut1064; Dec 12th 2014 at 7:40 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are based in edmonton so say living in Saskatoon would only get you a greyhound ticket lol

All i will say about this company to respond to an earlier enquiry is that i only have 30 company trucks to recruit for and nearly as many owner ops so i don't work for a big outfit. If i did i would likely get my ass kicked for being on here on works time and internet etc lol
Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You may think that we're not cynical, perhaps it may also occur to you that we have access to personal info you don't such as email addresses and IP addresses, which means we can usually check out if somebody is genuine or not pretty easily.

Juggernaut is not acting in a business capacity here, and isn't trying to get any business from the forums, so does not have to give the name of the company he works for. Asking for personal info like that when somebody is just a regular forum member really isn't on, please don't ask again.

Thx.
FFS didn't mean to rattle your cage , just seems odd that we have an ex-pat working in HR for a trucking company who won't entertain employing overseas drivers yet comes on here offering advice to newbies whilst withholding the company name .
Thought we were on here to help each other rather than hide behind secrecy ? Delete at will if you feel so inclined
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:00 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

FFS didn't mean to rattle your cage , just seems odd that we have an ex-pat working in HR for a trucking company who won't entertain employing overseas drivers yet comes on here offering advice to newbies whilst withholding the company name .
Thought we were on here to help each other rather than hide behind secrecy ? Delete at will if you feel so inclined
Is there really any need to swear at the mod ? How charming !
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Get over yourself sweetheart , the swearing was part of an expression and directed at nobody . Be a good chap and move along now please
Old Dec 13th 2014, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP can you speak French??? well if you can you might well be able to use the "francophile community scheme" ..look at Destination -Canada -forum..and use the drop down to truckdrivers.
This little know community sponsored scheme has brought at least 3 workers to a local transport company in MB.

Last edited by jamesmc; Dec 13th 2014 at 1:57 am.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

just seems odd that we have an ex-pat working in HR for a trucking company who won't entertain employing overseas drivers yet comes on here offering advice to newbies whilst withholding the company name
He's not offering advice that's anything to do with his job though is he? He's just offering general advice that he's learnt, and he doesn't work in a relevant field to expats if he doesn't hire foreign drivers. So there is absolutely NO need for him to identify who he works for.

Thought we were on here to help each other rather than hide behind secrecy ?
So you'll happily give everybody all of your personal info will you? No? Well, why should he then? Most people on the forum won't give the name of the company they've worked for (I certainly never have done) as it makes you far too easily identifiable. Giving out private info isn't recommended on a public forum that anybody in the world can read, I don't know why you think Juggernaut should do so.

As I said above, we can see email addresses etc, and you'll be amazed at what we can find out just from an email, so we know that Juggernaut is genuine.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenJam
Really?? :/ I've read on more than one site that 55 is the cut off age in order to emigrate to Canada. I'm very pleased to hear that though
Hi

You cant apply for Nomination via the PNP scheme in New Brunswick if you are over 55, so that could be what you have heard. Check out each Province as the vary. Here in Alberta there is no age limit for PNP.

:-)

Last edited by wiganfem; Dec 17th 2014 at 3:26 am.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 9:39 am
Just Joined

JenJam is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the late reply all, internet connection troubles and it is still being temperamental now. Who'd think it is 2014! I hope they're not as bad in Canada as they are here

We're open to all areas of Canada and all types of work, Alberta just seems to be the place that pops up often and has lots to offer workwise so we are using that as a starting point. Flatbeds are preferable but we wouldn't turn our noses up at fridge work, it all depends on the job and the company. We were thinking of going for smaller companies.
Definitely worth giving those companies mentioned a try, thank you for the names, I will get onto them!
I wish I could speak French Jamesmc! I've started learning over the past couple of months and can get through a basic conversation (Dave is alot better than me!) So I don't think we'd be suitable for that scheme, thank you for the suggestion though.
I think it may be the case of me getting my wires crossed with age limits, definitely cleared it up for me since coming on here
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:28 am
Just Joined

JenJam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilcumming
No harm in trying.East coast companies dont pay too good but if you want into Canada its a foot in the door.I checked out another east coast company and they are still advertising for foreign drivers if the OP wants the name ,dont want to get chewed out either lol
Lol yes please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.