Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada

Old Sep 17th 2017, 2:54 am   #16
Forum Regular

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London, Ontario Feedback request

Farmboy, l have just PM my contact number here in London, Ontario
glendem4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th 2017, 3:31 am   #17
Forum Regular

Farmboy1892 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi glendem I just replied.

we are good for tomorrow. Hope to see you then.

Regards

Farmboy
Farmboy1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th 2017, 8:50 am   #18
Forum Regular

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update on our property search in London, Ontario.....realtor.ca is a great site to find open house viewings. Most viewings are 2-4 pm at the weekends. We walked in and saw 4 different properties in less than 2 hours on Saturday. Gives you a quick way to view without arranging appointments.

We spent Friday afternoon with Stephanie Martens looking at 6 ranch style homes. The first house on Kristina crescent was beautiful downstairs, but the bedroom configuration was all wrong for us.... Odd shaped rooms.
http://www.homesinlondonontario.ca/property/607481/

We travelled all around London and learnt EOA - East of Adelaide was not the best location for properties. We can highly recommend Steph. She is very helpful and informative and really takes her time with clients. If you want her details PM me. I will add links to the properties of interest below.

From what we have seen, Oakridge and Northridge areas look the best choice.
1035 Mahogany road in Oakridge http://www.homesinlondonontario.ca/search/details/7w7/4/
1320 Rideau Lane in Northridge http://www.homesinlondonontario.ca/search/details/8qg/2/

Last edited by glendem4; Sep 17th 2017 at 9:07 am.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 4:46 pm   #19
Collie Male
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to remember - look at the length of your driveway. Because you'll be shovelling snow off it for 5 months of the year!
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th 2017, 7:09 pm   #20
Hamster Killer
Premium Member

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
One thing to remember - look at the length of your driveway. Because you'll be shovelling snow off it for 5 months of the year!

Not just the drive and length. Worth considering if you can make a path from the drive to the door without necessarily doing the full path from the sidewalk too.

And is the driveway wide enough to push snow to the side and still have room. It's surprising how much 'narrowing' there is from accumulated snow.
BristolUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th 2017, 7:22 pm   #21
~~*Checksum*~~

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendem4 View Post
Quick update on our property search in London, Ontario.....realtor.ca is a great site to find open house viewings. Most viewings are 2-4 pm at the weekends. We walked in and saw 4 different properties in less than 2 hours on Saturday. Gives you a quick way to view without arranging appointments.

We spent Friday afternoon with Stephanie Martens looking at 6 ranch style homes. The first house on Kristina crescent was beautiful downstairs, but the bedroom configuration was all wrong for us.... Odd shaped rooms.
110 Kristina Cr, London Ontario, For Sale MLS® 607481 | Real Estate

We travelled all around London and learnt EOA - East of Adelaide was not the best location for properties. We can highly recommend Steph. She is very helpful and informative and really takes her time with clients. If you want her details PM me. I will add links to the properties of interest below.

From what we have seen, Oakridge and Northridge areas look the best choice.
1035 Mahogany road in Oakridge 6433 Hamlyn St, London Ontario, For Sale MLS® 608244 | Real Estate
1320 Rideau Lane in Northridge 1320 Rideau La, London Ontario, For Sale MLS® 609437 | Real Estate
For those that don't want to sign up to homesinlondon - here's the Realtor.ca links

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N5X1X4

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N6P1J9

No longer on Realtor - https://www.homechannel.ca/listing/1...on-Ontario.cfm

http://www.suzisukarma.com/gallery.html .. Share the moments - share the memories - share the love!

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 17th 2017 at 7:24 pm.
Siouxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th 2017, 10:53 pm   #22
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
For those that don't want to sign up to homesinlondon - here's the Realtor.ca links

I like the side splits so my favorite is the first one 😁
DandNHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:30 am   #23
dbd33 
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know they're in Canada but, still, aren't the kitchens in all of them horribly dated?
dbd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:57 am   #24
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbd33 View Post
I know they're in Canada but, still, aren't the kitchens in all of them horribly dated?
Yes, we were disappointed in the quality of the kitchens seen. We will probably install a new kitchen when we find the right property.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:33 am   #25
Hamster Killer
Premium Member

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No idea about how dated they are. They look like virtually all the kitchens I see in so many listings. But then just about every room looks the same as any others.

They're all wooden/laminate floors and plain walls.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 6:17 am   #26
~~*Checksum*~~

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When you have the original 1950's kitchen, complete with a total of 2 upper and 4 lower cabinets, they don't look so bad!

http://www.suzisukarma.com/gallery.html .. Share the moments - share the memories - share the love!
Siouxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:13 pm   #27
dbd33 
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When you have the original 1950's kitchen, complete with a total of 2 upper and 4 lower cabinets, they don't look so bad!

This is the kind of bright, cheerful, modern for Canada, kitchen those places deserve:

3 bedroom flat for sale in Hornsey Lane, London, N6, N6
dbd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:53 pm   #28
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the kind of bright, cheerful, modern for Canada, kitchen those places deserve:

3 bedroom flat for sale in Hornsey Lane, London, N6, N6
I love those kind of places. You can rip everything out and make it look fantastic!!
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:34 pm   #29
Hamster Killer
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandNHill View Post
I love those kind of places. You can rip everything out and make it look fantastic!!
I wouldn't know where to begin with that kitchen. It would put me off. That's if the outside hadn't scared me away.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:05 pm   #30
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I wouldn't know where to begin with that kitchen. It would put me off. That's if the outside hadn't scared me away.
All you need is...

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada