Reload this Page >

Re-entry to practice program for UK RN

Re-entry to practice program for UK RN

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

MatteoHV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-entry to practice program for UK RN

Hi All

is there any RN from UK that went through the "Re-entry to practice program" for Registered Nurse from UK?
I just got the email from CRNBC, but not very clear how to proceed.
I am already here in BC thanks to an open working permint visa from my husband, so as far as i understood i am not an international student, so visa fees are lower.

Thank you for your help
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-entry to practice program for UK RN

Not sure what you mean by 'visa fees will be lower', do you mean a study permit fee? If so, it's the same cost for all.

Good luck with it.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:17 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MatteoHV
Hi All

is there any RN from UK that went through the "Re-entry to practice program" for Registered Nurse from UK?
I just got the email from CRNBC, but not very clear how to proceed.
I am already here in BC thanks to an open working permint visa from my husband, so as far as i understood i am not an international student, so visa fees are lower.

Thank you for your help
You are an international student as you don't have PR so you will pay international student fees.
Open work permits also used to state that you can't study on them so you'll need a study visa if you have to go back to college,
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Sam1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking that the programme is intended for already licenced overseas nurses as a UK nurse your quals should be recognised it like a type of upgrade....you should be able to do this on a OWP as far as I'm aware unfortunately though the cost of the programme will be yours.once completed you will have to sit the canadian RN exam which I think is now NCLEX based and pass to become fully licenced in Canada. ...check again with BC nursing college just yo be sure
Old Oct 4th 2017, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bats
You are an international student as you don't have PR so you will pay international student fees.
Open work permits also used to state that you can't study on them so you'll need a study visa if you have to go back to college,
I know i am trying to find out how to obtain the authorization.
It says "unless authorized etc etc" it mean i don't have to change my visa, just obtain authorization
Old Oct 4th 2017, 10:55 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MatteoHV
I know i am trying to find out how to obtain the authorization.
It says "unless authorized etc etc" it mean i don't have to change my visa, just obtain authorization
You have to apply for a student visa
Old Oct 4th 2017, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Matteo I found this number its the Kwantlen Polytechnic University Surry Campus tel: 604 599 2000 its the applications centre im sure they would be able to help..Im assuming you have had the SEC assessment already and that CRNBC have accessed your credentials. this is the web link www.getintheknow.ca> node
Old Oct 5th 2017, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam1970
Matteo I found this number its the Kwantlen Polytechnic University Surry Campus tel: 604 599 2000 its the applications centre im sure they would be able to help..Im assuming you have had the SEC assessment already and that CRNBC have accessed your credentials. this is the web link www.getintheknow.ca> node

For the SEC you don't need a student visa.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Oh thanks a lot. I did all the assesment from NNAS, NCAS to CRNBC, and is CRNBC that want me to do this re entry course. Immigration is give the Study visa, pay 150 dollar and is fine, altough i am here on a working visa. I contact today one of the 2 university that CRBNC recognize for this course, and they never had a situation like mine. Basically every nurse (is what they say) came here and did the course and then applied to NNAS etc, i did the opposite so in theory and practice i am not a student because it would be my future employer that need this course to be able to hire me. The school need to verify with CRNBC and immigration and be able to asses which status would apply for me.
Definetely i will check the link you provide and see what will came up. Thanks again
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

The other Avenue could be to go your nearest service Canada center to get further clarification ..I have worked with an international nurses who have worked as LPNS and have upgraded to RN whilst working as an LPN and I'm almost sure that they were on a Work permit ..however I can't be 100% sure of that.