Reload this Page >

Job Opportunities in Canada

Job Opportunities in Canada

Old Nov 28th 2016, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

malithdisala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Opportunities in Canada

Hi all, thank you for reading the post.

I’m a skilled professional from Sri Lanka with a MBA from UK with over 10years of work experience in the sales field 50% of that is as a freight forwarding sales aget and the rest 50% as a computer peripheral sales agent with a flair knowledge of English (IELTS 6.5) and a basic knowledge of French. Apart from that I have the professional postgraduate diploma from Chartered institute from marketing from UK as well as I am a certified chartered accountant from Australia.

My spouse also has a BSC in Science, MBA from UK and she is also a certified chartered accountant from Australia with same level of English and French proficiency. She has 5 years of experiences in garment industry as a merchandising manager.

My question is if we two migrate to Canada under skilled worker programme, how hard will it to find a job? I’m an amateur to this forum so forgive me for the long post.

And thank you in advance,

Cheers,
Malith Disala
Old Nov 28th 2016, 8:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Opportunities in Canada

Originally Posted by malithdisala
My question is if we two migrate to Canada under skilled worker programme, how hard will it to find a job? I’m an amateur to this forum so forgive me for the long post.
As it seems you're asking about job hunting, I'll move your thread to the main Canada forums where you will get more responses. There are at least a couple of accountant's on the forum that can hopefully help.

Do you score enough to get PR without a job offer though? Or will you need one before you can get a visa? That might make a difference.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

malithdisala is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As it seems you're asking about job hunting, I'll move your thread to the main Canada forums where you will get more responses. There are at least a couple of accountant's on the forum that can hopefully help.

Do you score enough to get PR without a job offer though? Or will you need one before you can get a visa? That might make a difference.
Hi,
thank you for your feedback, yes i have enough score to move without a job offer. and basically my job experiences is from sales. so, i will have a bigger chance in securing a job as a sales person, my question is will i be able to secure a job with my experience?
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malithdisala
Hi,
thank you for your feedback, yes i have enough score to move without a job offer. and basically my job experiences is from sales. so, i will have a bigger chance in securing a job as a sales person, my question is will i be able to secure a job with my experience?
I tend to think that is a question nobody on here can answer. All you can do is apply for jobs.
Under the Federal Skilled Worker no actual job is required you just have to meet the criteria and be granted Permanent Residency. The onus on getting a job is on you. Obviously with experience and qualifications finding a job might be easier but not a guarantee.