Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I've done it!! Please wish me luck!!

I've done it!! Please wish me luck!!

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default I've done it!! Please wish me luck!!

Hi everyone,

Just to let you all know that I have finally booked my flight to Toronto for Christmas! I fly out next Thursday and don't return until January 10th (unless I bottle it and book the next flight home!!)

As some of you know I lost my Fiance back in July. His family are being a bit odd with me at the moment so I don't feel comfortable spending Christmas with them now. I can't spend it with my parents as they moved to Bulgaria in September and my Mum has issues that I don't want to be surrounded with at the moment.

So, my family in Canada have been encouraging me to spend Christmas with them. I was so nervous about doing it as it was the last place I went with Simon and have only ever visited with him by my side. I know it's going to trigger a lot of memories which is going to be very hard hence the reason it has taken me so long to book my flight! I was also worried about going as my cousin was expecting her first baby (first grand child too) and I didn't want to bring everyone down at what should have been a happy Christmas for them. Well, she unfortunately lost her baby 2 weeks ago. He was still born at nearly full term. So she has said we can spend time together as she is not working and we both need someone who kind of understands what each other is going through.

I am really nervous about going but sort of excited at the same time.

Please wish me luck everyone. I really need a break after a pretty bad year.

Last edited by act1980; Dec 2nd 2010 at 6:07 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've done it!! Please wish me luck!!

Good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:11 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

What he said^^
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:12 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are doing the right thing. Good lock and enjoy.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:15 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.

I suspect you will also be glad to leave all that snow behind you!!! None here yet!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:16 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Wishing you all the luck in the world....stay strong!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

You are definitely doing the right thing. You just needed to bite the bullet and book the ticket. You need some much deserved TLC and a change of scenery.
I hope you have a lovely time.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Hi everyone,

Just to let you all know that I have finally booked my flight to Toronto for Christmas! I fly out next Thursday and don't return until January 10th (unless I bottle it and book the next flight home!!)

As some of you know I lost my Fiance back in July. His family are being a bit odd with me at the moment so I don't feel comfortable spending Christmas with them now. I can't spend it with my parents as they moved to Bulgaria in September and my Mum has issues that I don't want to be surrounded with at the moment.

So, my family in Canada have been encouraging me to spend Christmas with them. I was so nervous about doing it as it was the last place I went with Simon and have only ever visited with him by my side. I know it's going to trigger a lot of memories which is going to be very hard hence the reason it has taken me so long to book my flight! I was also worried about going as my cousin was expecting her first baby (first grand child too) and I didn't want to bring everyone down at what should have been a happy Christmas for them. Well, she unfortunately lost her baby 2 weeks ago. He was still born at nearly full term. So she has said we can spend time together as she is not working and we both need someone who kind of understands what each other is going through.

I am really nervous about going but sort of excited at the same time.

Please wish me luck everyone. I really need a break after a pretty bad year.
Good luck Hun, pleased you made up your mind, sorry to hear about the baby very sad, you can both comfort each other.
It will bring back memories and hopefully make some new happy ones, look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:28 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

all the best. A brave decision but one which may help to sort out a whole load of others in due course. Good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:30 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I so think you have made the right decision and really hope that you feel the same when you arrive. Such sad news about the baby, I couldnt bear to go through what either of you are dealing with right now. But as hard as it undoubtedly is, you have no choice, you have to live this.

So, best of luck on the flight and when you arrive. Hope you get something good from this and I really believe that hes right there next to you, you just cant see him x
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck, sorry to hear that you don't have any family around you who you can spend time with in the UK, sounds like Canada might be somewhat of a sanctuary for you even if there are emotional issues.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. I hope you have a great time and there's certainly nothing wrong with having some happy memories triggered. I know it will be emotional for you but I think you'll be all the stronger for it. I lost someone close to me early this year so I think I understand what you're going through.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Valium up and enjoy the flight.

Good luck
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:28 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and very best wishes for this Christmas. So sad about the baby.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:28 am
Just Joined

the_big_v is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. Kinda makes my problems seem the size of an atom.

I wish you all the best! At least the weather a damn site better over here!

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.