Reload this Page >

Immigrating to Canada

Immigrating to Canada

Old Nov 29th 2001, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

marike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigrating from Estonia to Canada

Hello,
I am new here but it is very useful site. I am married to Canadian in September. We started our process back in February and so far everything is fine. My husband was approved to sponsor me Recently I got the acknowledge letter from Canadian Immigration. We are processing everything trough London. How long it may take now before they will ask me for an interview? or for medical test? After I have done all this how long it will take to get my visa? Another thing I was wondering if I need to have a certain amount of money with me for a start? Is there anyone who has immigrated from Estonia to Canada? It's just this waiting is like a nighmare, I just wish to live a normal family life now
I would be happy to get some answers,
Have a good day!
Marike
Old Nov 30th 2001, 1:37 am
Berto Volpentesta

For spouses, if you have followed directions carefully and provided all = necessary
information there may be no need for an interview.

As such the process can be quite fast. You should have received a = package to apply
for permanent residence along with or shortly after the = sponsorship approval. You
will be responsible for completing and = returning. For spouses it is better to do
the medicals ahead of time = if possible. Otherwise wait until advised by London.

Once you sent the application for PR London will inform you of receipt. = The process
will likely take about 6-8 months from that point if no = interview is necessary.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
    >
are
    >
    >
    >
was
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Nov 30th 2001, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

marike is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your answer. This question was in my earlier message as well. Will they ask me to take some money with me as well? Another thing is, is it okay if I fax to London and ask about my process or it will just slow down the process? Looking forward for some help! Thanks again
Old Dec 1st 2001, 12:50 am
Berto Volpentesta

Spouses do not require any settlement funds.

Please follow the time guides issued by London and do not bother them = unless time
has been passed or there is a change of information.

Sending messages within standard times slows the procecss for everyone = if they take
the time to answer.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >