Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:38 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Originally Posted by Chookie
In that case I have no idea... all I know is that I tore the filing cabinet apart several times, found all the stuff in the immigration file and didnt find anything with remotely the right number.

We got our Visas in the passports that were picked up in person (Mr Chookie was paranoid about them getting lost in the post so he went down to London in person queued up and collected them)... I don't remember him getting anything BUT the passports at that time.

I guess we just wait for the docs to arrive in the post - hopefully it won't be too long as they have taken the money already.
To be honest, I'm a kind of surprised they make such a fuss about keeping them. It's only a print out of information they have on file - not even a very pretty one at that given that must have been printed on a printer from the 80's (it even had the holes on the side)
Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
We are in the same boat - can't find the IMM 5292, so I calledt hem up and asked about doing just this and was told that unless we had it they would reject our application..
Which would probably be illegal, as the Citizenship Act does not mandate production of this document.

We landed in 2006, and def didn't have anything stapled in our passports... IF it turns out we just get a copy of the visa I will be very, very PISSED OFF as with 6 of us, it will be $180 down the drain!
This is an IMM 5292:
http://www.go-to-quebec.net/page/imm5292.jpg
Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Which would probably be illegal, as the Citizenship Act does not mandate production of this document.

This is an IMM 5292:
http://www.go-to-quebec.net/page/imm5292.jpg
Thanks for the pic - def have not got anything like that.... Mr Chookie seems to remember some paperwork being taken off us at the airport when we landed but it was over 4 yrs ago and we had both been up for 36 hours straight at that point so we can't really remember what it was... He was more concerned about clearing customs etc, I was more concerned with stopping the 4 kids from falling asleep on the floor where they were sitting!

As far as the having to apply for the copies.. well heck at the current time I realy am not all that bogthered because if it speeds up (or at least does not delay) the citizenship application I am all for it! yes we may have wasted $180, but at least we will get there in the end.

If it is a waste of money, in the end it isn't reallyall that much - a PITA yes (more the delay than anything else) ...

WE will sling in the application for the citizenship I think even without the docs judging from what otghers have said - when we get the doc we can forward it to them.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

A quick update to let you know I STILL have not even had confirmation that they have received the application, so I don't yet know if my app has been rejected without the IMM 5292...
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:51 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

The damn thing is illegible anyway, but the CBSA inspector told me when I landed: "KEEP THIS IN A SAFE PLACE, YOU WILL NEED IT IF YOU EVER APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP!!!!" and waggled it in front of my face. So yes, I kept it and had it when I applied.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:36 pm
hem
Just Joined

hem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by allie2
A quick update to let you know I STILL have not even had confirmation that they have received the application, so I don't yet know if my app has been rejected without the IMM 5292...
Hi Allie2:

Any word on your citizenship application? I don't have the IMM 5292 either..so want to know if I can apply without it.

Thanks
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

I received an acknowledgement and the booklet, but I don't think that means they have checked through my application, it probably just means they opened the envelope!
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I was told to keep mine when I landed "inland" earlier this year. I was also told that it would be needed both for citizenship and for a Canada Pension application - along with any extention visa's from my pre-PR days (to prove residency).

Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:13 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We each got one stapled into our passports - I made sure I took DD's out of her passport before I sent it off to be renewed so it didn't go missing.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Hi All,

I've just received my invitation to take the test. It says to bring in my IMM 5292 (amongst other things) but hopefully all will be well

Allie
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

OK, so I am now a citizen!! Nobody asked for a copy of the IMM 5292 and I was featured on all of the news channels because they liked my dress
Attached Thumbnails IMM 5292 - what does it look like?-canadadaypose.jpg