Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of
Default IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Hi there,

I want to apply for citizenship but I need a copy of IMM 5292 - and I have no idea what this is! I have my PR card and the shiny visa in my passport, but what does the IMM 5292 look like? I landed in January 2006 if this is of any use.

Thanks so much,

Allie
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:24 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Originally Posted by allie2
Hi there,

I want to apply for citizenship but I need a copy of IMM 5292 - and I have no idea what this is! I have my PR card and the shiny visa in my passport, but what does the IMM 5292 look like? I landed in January 2006 if this is of any use.

Thanks so much,

Allie
The PR card replaced IMM 5292 and IMM 1000 in 2002.

You don't need either, just the card.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks so much,

Allie
Isn't it your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form that was completing by the Immigration Officer when you first landed?

We are applying for citizenship and the docs checklist state that a copy of this has to be supplied at the time of application (the original has to be produced later)

Here's the link (it seems to suggest both this and the PR Card are required): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...n/CIT0462E.pdf
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Yep, you definitely need both the IMM 5292 AND the card. but I think I must have sent it off to get the card?? Or never got it?

From the govt web site:
Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) and
Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one

I have tried phoning the call centre but it tells me all the lines are full and cuts me off
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yep, you definitely need both the IMM 5292 AND the card. but I think I must have sent it off to get the card?? Or never got it?

From the govt web site:
Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) and
Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one

I have tried phoning the call centre but it tells me all the lines are full and cuts me off
Look at the shiny visa in your passport, it is the 5292.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Idomeneus is an unknown quantity at this point

The 5292 is the annoying A4 sized carbon copy sheet they stapled to a page in your passport, entitled "CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE".

A least that what I can tell when I look at the bottom left of that sheet. Mine reads: "IMM 5292 (CON) B (06-2004)"

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Look at the shiny visa in your passport, it is the 5292.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

I never got an annoying sheet of A4 stapled into my passport...PMM, how do you know it is the shiny visa? There isn't a number 5292 on it...but I am REALLY hoping you are right! Can anyone else confirm? I don't want to send it all off and then lose my fee and 5 months...
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I never got an annoying sheet of A4 stapled into my passport...PMM, how do you know it is the shiny visa? There isn't a number 5292 on it...but I am REALLY hoping you are right! Can anyone else confirm? I don't want to send it all off and then lose my fee and 5 months...
If you still have your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form, you will see the reference to ...5292 on it, if you don't have it, I have no idea what you will have to do.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough

just gone through the process and it is the carbon copy sheet that was put in your passport or at least should have been.Took a photocopy of ours and sent it off with our application,oct 2008
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MR MOM
just gone through the process and it is the carbon copy sheet that was put in your passport or at least should have been.Took a photocopy of ours and sent it off with our application,oct 2008
Our COPRs were not stapled to our passports but were handed to us.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

glenlivet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Allie, We're in exactly the same position as you. I have no recollection of getting this form on landing but we need it to apply for citizenship. And if we were given it, why can't I find it when I still have all our other immigration documents safely filed away, including the paperwork for bringing our cat in (which was subsequently eaten by the local coyote pack).
We've now filled out an IMM5541 & IMM5009 plus paid $120 (4 x $30) to obtain replacement forms, so we can then apply for citizenship. Wonder how long this will take to get this back, and then submit our citizenship application. Probably going to end up adding another 5 months onto the already legnthy process. Arghhh.......
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Seriously aargh!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

So could anyone scan in their IMM 5292 (blanking out their names and other personal info of course) so that I could see if I even vaguely recognize it?

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

try this:
http://www.bchousing.org/resources/P...ts/imm5292.pdf
Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't got ours either. The application says you can write an explanation as to why you don't have forms, has anybody done this without a problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.