Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how to watch top gear...

how to watch top gear...

Old Jan 29th 2013, 1:43 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to watch top gear...

Lots of TV below

Live TV

And be very careful if you go to any of these streaming sites that they say to download things to be able to watch. Dont download!

Last edited by Londonuck; Jan 29th 2013 at 1:47 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
It probably took me an hour to set it up like this...
I was just about to say that reminds me of spread sheets that work brilliantly when up and running but take about three days to set up.

Someone like you could probably make a nice bit of money going around and setting Brits up like this (and then returning to redo it when something goes wrong, user or otherwise )

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Live TV

And be very careful if you go to any of these streaming sites that they say to download things to be able to watch. Dont download!
Looks a good site - if it delivers. I'll add it as a reserve.

I've never had any problem from downloading those things but it's been a while since I needed to. There are so many links of such good quality that work, there's usually a working source of a football or rugby match that's not on TV.

I occasionally find that a movie I want to check out only seems to available using 'Graboid' and I've never been able to download it successfully.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:37 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

My logitech wireless keyboard was 30 bucks.

116?

The quality of football HD streaming through Sopcast now is unbelievable. 4000kbs, Oldham - Liverpoor over the weekend.
It's the integrated mouse pad. But yes it's pricey and, as usual, if you buy from the UK or the US it's cheaper.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:50 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
So basically it's not faffing , Its you that can't be arsed to learn a few clicks of a mouse in the right order ?
Basically, I don't at this time find it an important thing to do, same as at this time, I don't find it important to paint my toenails, so I'll not faff around with that either

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Converting files is faffing. In this day and age you should expect media players do have the right codecs.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:00 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I was just about to say that reminds me of spread sheets that work brilliantly when up and running but take about three days to set up.

Someone like you could probably make a nice bit of money going around and setting Brits up like this (and then returning to redo it when something goes wrong, user or otherwise )

Looks a good site - if it delivers. I'll add it as a reserve.

I've never had any problem from downloading those things but it's been a while since I needed to. There are so many links of such good quality that work, there's usually a working source of a football or rugby match that's not on TV.

I occasionally find that a movie I want to check out only seems to available using 'Graboid' and I've never been able to download it successfully.
Like with Sopcast. While im waiting for the channel to buffer you get messages telling you it wont work and you need to download this codec. Absolute rubbish and all they do is riddle the machine with crap.

I dont watch that tv site much cos the quality isnt great and i use torrents anyway. Once you go HD you cant go back! I put it up for people who don't get, or can be bothered with torrents.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:05 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
...you could probably make a nice bit of money going around and setting Brits up like this (and then returning to redo it when something goes wrong, user or otherwise )
Hmmm. You lot wouldn't pay me enough and I'd probably end up in the pub drinking it all away after setting it up anyway
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:09 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by energysolutions
You need to click on the downloaded torrent file and find the file folder (will have a video file, which will be the biggest file and possibly some other things like a .jpg file which will be the DVD screen cover), copy this to somewhere on your computer (My Documents, Desktop, wherever)

I use "VLC" to play most things as it covers most formats - I simply open it and drag the (big) video file (.MKV or .MP4 or .AVI or similar) from the new folder that you`ve just created into VLC and voila

To delete the torrent file highlight the download link in your chosen torrent program and right click, you should see an option to "Remove all files" and its gone - be sure to have saved it somewhere else on your computer first though

HTH
*karma given* thank you very much for this, finally got it working. now i know how i can do this for the next 11 episodes. and even worked out how to turn off expat sheild when im not using it yay

happy girl. now just need to get it off my 8" laptop and on to my telly...
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:11 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
now just need to get it off my 8" laptop and on to my telly...
A simple and none techno way would be to burn onto a DVD and watch through your DVD player onto the TV.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:12 pm
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by __TJ__
*karma given* thank you very much for this, finally got it working. now i know how i can do this for the next 11 episodes. and even worked out how to turn off expat sheild when im not using it yay

happy girl. now just need to get it off my 8" laptop and on to my telly...
HDMI cable from Winners... under 10 bucks.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:18 pm
I said what ?!

HDMI cable from Winners... under 10 bucks.
true - I was taking it that the 8" laptop didn't have a HDMI port.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:30 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't most TV's now have a VGA port?
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:42 pm
I said what ?!

My new Samsung 'Smart TV' I bought here doesn't (not that smart then !)but my sons TV/Monitor he brought from the UK and uses for his PC has - though he uses the HDMI.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:52 pm

Ah, both my TV's have it so I assumed it was a standard thing now-a-days. HDMI is more convenient though as you don't need a separate cable for audio.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough

Another vote for Witopia.

A simple install and from now onwards my home computer has a ip address based in manchester

Had forgotten how much I missed UK tv until I started watching it again.

Have been watching Utopia (c4), Wonder of Life (bbc2), Africa (BBC1) and Great British Bake Off (For the missus - honest). Also introduced my other half to Spaced on C4 as well - so far so good!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:23 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble with HD downloads is that they eat up your badwidth allowance. We are on the maximum from Bell, 125Gb which is just Ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.