Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how to watch top gear...

how to watch top gear...

Old Jan 27th 2013, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: how to watch top gear...

Originally Posted by Alan2005
It works fine for me on both a mac and a PC and I get the advantage of browsing and youtube or whatever else is on the internet. As opposed to converting file formats and copying, which are not my definition of "it just works", more "it works if I do some faffing about" but each to their own.

If you're an apple guy, a mac mini will do you (if you don't mind squinting at the font). Add one of these these and you can do all your surfing from the couch.

Its not faffing about for me , Its just what I have always done , Last time I tried Iplayer thru a dodgy IP address I couldn't get enough bandwidth for it to play properly and I quickly gave up and went back to my tried and trusted method , Plus I watch other stuff that isn't on the I-player , I used to download files and play them thru a USB stick in the Blu Ray player .

So shall we agree to disagree ?
Old Jan 27th 2013, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You've had a 50 foot TV for years? Do you live in the Skydome?

You knew exactly what I meant but yet you couldn't resist the sarky comment.

Some people really need to get a life .
Old Jan 27th 2013, 11:29 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

All you people can actually stand Jeremy Clarkson?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

I use http://www.unblock-us.com/, its not free but i get to watch USA Netflix and BBC Iplayer ITV and Channel 4 on demand. All through my PlayStation.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:56 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Apparently I'm a sarky bastard, but my first reaction was that the best way to watch it was with your eyes closed and the mute button pressed.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:07 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I'm a sarky bastard, but my first reaction was that the best way to watch it was with your eyes closed and the mute button pressed.
You two better be careful you don't cut yourself on your edginess.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:27 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Who?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:24 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kb33
I use the www.thebox.bz if you pm me you're email addy I will send you an invite. Not sure what an invite does but I have nine to use

Old episodes here http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/18/
New episodes here http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/19/1/
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:50 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

you could try youtube? lots of people post recent tv shows...it's how i keep up-to-date with eastenders!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:26 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i watched yesterday on my tele through my VPN didn't even know it was on..i was bored and it killed an hour..only good bit was when Jeremy was presenting his home made car in the dragon dens.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:34 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Far too dangerous. There is a risk that while you are sitting there with your eyes closed someone will un-mute the TV. Say what you like about Piers Bloody Morgan, but he at least has one redeeming achievement to his name.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:45 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

WiTopia is a good VPN, if you have got friends or relatives in the UK, ask them for their sky user name and password and you can watch sky in Canada, I did it last summer with my own sky ID

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I was very dissapointed with the first show of the series.

Dare I say it's getting a bit long in the tooth?

The home-made car may as well have been the same sketch they did with the P50, the Paganni looks crap, I HATE Bently, the guest was some guy I don't give a crap about. I fast forwarded through half of it
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:07 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
More like 7 or 8 years !

What I do is download the file then convert to Apple TV format with Handbrake copy to iTunes , Then watch on 50' TV thru Apple tv

Been doing this for years with no problems
I have an Apple TV and jailbroke it and would recommend that to anyone. Install XBMC (I can send you links if you wanted) and then you can miss out any conversion step and just watch it on a live stream through your ATV - as you put it - VERY

I also had a Raspberry Pi delivered over the weekend which is a small computer for $35 that you can also install XBMC on and watch live streams from the UK, CA, Hockey etc on your normal TV. I've not set it up properly yet but good for what I've done so far.

Last edited by Animal; Jan 28th 2013 at 2:31 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:56 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

wow, thanks all for that long list of waysn to watch it yes i do like jeremy clarkson. the american guys are just not the same. i promise we have integrated everything else we can into canadiana, (even making gravy from powder - now ive found the darn granuals for sale here ive worked out the powder, but i digress)

so i just click on thhe link and it downloads a torrent? im assuming thats not toally legal? also very interested in the raspberry pi, tried to get one in uk but they had sold out! will have another look for one of those if it can make it easier.

again, thank you all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.