Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to get passports back ??

How long does it take to get passports back ??

Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of
Default How long does it take to get passports back ??

I've sent my UK Passport to the US for renewal and was just wandering if anybody knows how long it takes to get the new passport back after the embassy has deducted the money from your credit card. They took the payment from my credit card last Friday ??
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does it take to get passports back ??

Hi Sam - it took Daughter Number One's application about 7 weeks in total as I recall - seemed to take forever to take the fee on the credit card - but when that went through I think we waited nearly another 2 weeks for it to arrive back - I was just at that point of working out how to chase it up, and it came back !
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Hi Ann,
Thanks for that, Jason has 2 weeks off in August and we are hoping to plan a trip to Disney. Lots of great deals to be had but we just need the passport back before I book. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Sam
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:37 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks
Hi Ann,
Thanks for that, Jason has 2 weeks off in August and we are hoping to plan a trip to Disney. Lots of great deals to be had but we just need the passport back before I book. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Sam
Took ours just under 3 weeks from sending to recieving them back (Calgary to Seattle), though we sent with Fedex and included a prepaid Fedex return envelope. We had about 6 weeks from when we got the request for passpoorts until we were flying home so needed the quick turnaround.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

kazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nice

Mine took a further 2 weeks after the payment, 8 weeks in all.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazchug
Mine took a further 2 weeks after the payment, 8 weeks in all.
Hope you have better luck than us. I sent the wifes and son passsports to Washington for renewal by registered post. Had them returned a few weeks ago with a note saying us photo's not included. We sent all documentation with the passports and checked the 'all information enclosed' boxes. We contacted the UK helpline at 69p per minute. Waited while they sent an e-mail to the passport processing centre and said that someone would contact us within 72 hrs and that was 3 weeks ago and we are still waiting. You cannot contact anyone by e-mail so unless you want to keep spending good money after bad with the call centre don't bother.We are now left with additional cost of another $16 registered post, $26 for new photos, $12 for the call to the UK excluding the international charge and an additional $12 to have them sent back to us. Good luck to anyone has problems with them!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will receive the passports within the next 2 weeks.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

kazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nice

Originally Posted by getoutofbritainquick
Hope you have better luck than us. I sent the wifes and son passsports to Washington for renewal by registered post. Had them returned a few weeks ago with a note saying us photo's not included. We sent all documentation with the passports and checked the 'all information enclosed' boxes. We contacted the UK helpline at 69p per minute. Waited while they sent an e-mail to the passport processing centre and said that someone would contact us within 72 hrs and that was 3 weeks ago and we are still waiting. You cannot contact anyone by e-mail so unless you want to keep spending good money after bad with the call centre don't bother.We are now left with additional cost of another $16 registered post, $26 for new photos, $12 for the call to the UK excluding the international charge and an additional $12 to have them sent back to us. Good luck to anyone has problems with them!!!
That is really bad! I tried to contact them, but refused by phone as I thought it was a cheek asking for credit card details, so communicated by email to different departments without any replies. I'm just grateful that it did return with no further problems, hope yours is resolved soon and you get some compensation for the extra trouble as they obviously lost your photo's. I bet no ones takes responsibility for the error though.