Hi

Old May 18th 2017, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

el2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Hi, I'd like to live and work in Canada. I am a registered nurse and I will be 40 years old this year. I do not have enough points for the express entry. Is the only way in to Canada to find a job before and go that way? I'm aware I have to change my registration etc for nursing. I just don't know where to start if I'm honest
Old May 18th 2017, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by el2004
Hi, I'd like to live and work in Canada. I am a registered nurse and I will be 40 years old this year. I do not have enough points for the express entry. Is the only way in to Canada to find a job before and go that way? I'm aware I have to change my registration etc for nursing. I just don't know where to start if I'm honest
Hi, and welcome to BE.

If you do a search you'll find lots of info and threads on how to go about getting registered as a nurse - be prepared for it to take a long time (think a year or so) and to cost quite a bit. Once you've got that, you can then job hunt and try and go over on a Temp Work Permit.

If you had a job offer and Temp Work Permit, would that give you enough points to apply for PR? If not, then you'll need to look at other ways to get PR, in case you do want to stay permanently.

BEst of luck.
Old May 18th 2017, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Finding employer willing to go TWP may be difficult but a lot will depend on demand in the province. To be honest I would suggest getting registration sorted before worrying about finding a employer
Old May 20th 2017, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

ponylife is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on what you do and where you want to go, I saw this week an advert for experienced scrub nurse IEN's in Kamloops: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/k...es/602/2638536
It has everything that they want on the job advert, and what you need to do etc. etc.