Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

HGV Driver Canada

HGV Driver Canada

Old May 21st 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future
Default HGV Driver Canada

Im a hgv driver with 11 years experience. I know the process to migrate to nz. Want to know if canada is same. Earn so much for 2 years with accredited company to get a work to residency permit.

Also any advice pls and if you know of any companys i can try. I want a job so i come home every night and not work away.

Thanks
Old May 21st 2008, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HGV Driver Canada

Hi and welcome!

Canada is not the same as NZ, the process to get there is obviously very different - have a look at the Wiki for more details on immigration.

From what I understand, truck drivers are very in demand in Canada so you could be over there very quickly if you wanted to be, however, I believe that truck drivers in Canada are often away from home for quite a time as distances there are so huge so it may not suit you. Have a look at the following Wiki article for more info, hope it helps:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada

Old May 21st 2008, 1:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HGV Driver Canada

Sorry, have just realised that you've already been given that link by Judy in one of your previous posts.............http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...21#post5245321

And have been given more info in these ones....................http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477464 and http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498829

As you've already posted a couple of times with the same questions and got various responses, perhaps you could be more specific so you can find out exactly what you are after?? It would help you enormously if you read the Wiki too so that you can understand the immigration process and all about living in Canada. Make yourself a cuppa and get settled down for a long read!

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 21st 2008 at 1:16 pm.