Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

help on best companies to fly uk to calgary direct

help on best companies to fly uk to calgary direct

Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

fordyfun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help on best companies to fly uk to calgary direct

We have looked at various different companies and airlines to travel to calgary with and we need some candid advise on what would be the best possible option for us to travel with as it would be my wife myself and two small children 5 and 2 years. We wish to travel direct and checked airfares with air canada directly, also canadian affairs, globespan, zoom and thomas cook companies, help us make our desicion quickly as we need to book asap many thanks
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:31 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help on best companies to fly uk to calgary direct

Originally Posted by fordyfun
We have looked at various different companies and airlines to travel to calgary with and we need some candid advise on what would be the best possible option for us to travel with as it would be my wife myself and two small children 5 and 2 years. We wish to travel direct and checked airfares with air canada directly, also canadian affairs, globespan, zoom and thomas cook companies, help us make our desicion quickly as we need to book asap many thanks

My Husband, Daughter and I have flown Canadian Affair every time we have visited Canada and have booked with them for my MIL :scared: , my stepson flew globespan last year and didn't complain although we all cocked up with the return flight because it was at a ridiculous time. We have flown Transat to America (and Air Canada although on the whole they tend to look more expensive)- all pretty much the same.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are in Calgary at the moment (going back on Thursday).

We flew with Zoom and travelled with our 2 young girls (3 & 6).

The flight was delayed - but that's life - but the staff and the plane were amazingly good for the price we paid.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:57 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

If u want seat back screens avoid Air Canada and Transat
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:03 pm
AKA Badger

rod burner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
My Husband, Daughter and I have flown Canadian Affair every time we have visited Canada and have booked with them for my MIL :scared: , my stepson flew globespan last year and didn't complain although we all cocked up with the return flight because it was at a ridiculous time. We have flown Transat to America (and Air Canada although on the whole they tend to look more expensive)- all pretty much the same.
We have flown Canadian affair twice if you can get upgraded it is a nice comfortable flight free bar lots of leg room and 30kg baggage allowance.
Dave.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Have flown both Air Transat and Zoom with children of the same age. Neither had back in seat TVs which was a bit of a pain, however, staff were friendly and helpful. Next time we fly we intend to book club class on Air transat as you are allowed more luggage and the service (that we could see through the curtains) was fantastic. When we flew with Zoom they were offering 2 for one in the Daily Mail, so saved loads of money. Hopefully it is something they will continue regularly . They did it late sept last year for flight oct and nov and this year Jan, feb march flights.
I think all of them have the same awful food (or perhaps I am just a picky eater!!)
Good luck
wallace