....Help?

Old Aug 30th 2015, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

6992BH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ....Help?

Okay, here goes...

I'm just 19, i've always live in the UK since birth & i've always wanted to move abroad. Canada or America has always excited me, however, i have grown quite fond of Alberta in Canada recently.
I qualify for a fast track visa, i am a qualified accountant (Which is an in demand skill, i believe), i have appropriate savings, no dependants, nothing tying me down (Apart from work notice), no convictions etc....
The only thing i am trying to figure out is getting a job. I've been reading a few forums/guides, but they are all very contradicting (Some say go & find one when you're their, some say apply and go, some say only go once sponsored, yeah...), thus leaving me in this pickle.
Has anyone any experience making this move?
Are there any Canadian employers on here that can shed some light on this process, from an employers perspective (Or alternatively, want to give me a job - i work really hard )?
I've spent so much time reading all these different views i would appreciate some honest comments just so i can touch base with myself and hopefully decide the best way to achieve this goal.
So, if you can spare me five minutes to give me some advice, or let me in on your own experiences, you really would be helping me a lot.
If anyones got this far down the message, thanks for reading.

H
Old Aug 30th 2015, 10:26 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ....Help?

A qualified accountant at 19?

You have to be here. The chances of an employer being willing to go through the hassle of employing you from the UK are slim to nothing. Have you looked at an EIC visa. These can get you over to Canada with an unrestricted work permit for up to two years. This gives you a chance to be sure you like it here and opens up more possibilities for saying longer.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 12:12 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ....Help?

ACCA and CA have reciprocal agreements, so you could transfer your accounting designation to Canada.

http://www.cga-canada.org/en-ca/Inte..._acca_cga.aspx

Nineteen and a qualified accountant, you must have started young!

As mentioned IEC is your best bet, or work for a large international firm in the UK, such as PWC or BDO and in a year or two look for transfer opportunities.