Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello, it's been a while

Hello, it's been a while

Old Oct 18th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello, it's been a while

Hello to all that might remember me.

I think it's been about a year since I last posted on here, I haven't had the time to keep up with what's happening here as I have been having a great time.

This Saturday, it the first Anniversary of my landing in Canada , so I thought I'd drop by and say Hi.

While I was waiting for my residency visa I spent all my time researching Ontario and Toronto, well Oakville, Brampton and the like, then at the last minute I decided to change and move to Vancouver instead. Vancouver is fantastic, ok it rains here, but who cares, the city is beautiful, when the sun comes out it's fantastic. The only view I don't like of vancouver it the one you get heading up West Georgia when coming out of Stanley Park, for some reason it reminds me of 1960's Russian Utilitarian Architecture, but that is very minor it is almost not worth mentioning.

My first year has been so much fun I can't tell you it all. I have made lots of great friends, I drive around in my big truck I go out with friends to concerts and sporting events, we get together for bar-b-ques and generally have lots of fun. Canadians are so helpful, well to me they are, nothing it too much trouble.

I don't really have a proper job, I am amusing myself as a property flipper at the moment and its so much fun. I set my own hours, I get to do what I want, when I want, who could ask for anything more.

I'm not sure I'll have any more time to spend on here in my second year but I just wanted to say the Canada and especially Vancouver ROCKS

One thing I found hard about moving to Canada was initially weaning myself off BritishExpats, that took a lot of self control and discipline. I spent so much time on here before I arrived mainly reading and occasionally commenting that it was really hard to stop spending all my time on here.

BritishExpats was and I'm sure still is a truly wonderful resource for those looking to immigrate (or is it emigrate) to just about anywhere on the planet. Thank you to all those that helped meachive my goal of a new life here in Canada, you're all fantastic and I bow before you

Good luck to all those waiting and all those now living their dream, it is worth the wait.

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 18th 2007, 4:35 pm
To Infinity and Beyond

Dive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hello, it's been a while

Well done mate, good for you, a nice successful relocation and what an inspiration to anybody thinking of taking the plunge themselves.

Lets hope the good times keep rolling and like you say Canada Rocks!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you - sounds like you have settled really well - congrats on one year and all the best - but do still pop in occasionally !!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Way to go Dozzzzy, glad its all workedout for you. Hearing people enjoying their new lives gives me a boost when I get the wobbles

Rosie
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah glad you popped in to say hello......from a wanna-be PR and current BE addict!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:57 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Well done

We have been looking at ontario, but now looking at AB, mainly as the jobs and area are better for the kids!!

Another addict, hope i can stop popping on as much when we move

gill
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

We may have only been in Toronto for 5 days so far, however, I can report that we are very happy with the move here - not our first choice, but this city feels right - we will be able to make a life here.
Everyone is really helpful and friendly in our experience.

I have to agree with OP that Canada ROCKS!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:27 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey hello dozzzzy! Great read! I'm glad to see that you're loving Vancouver!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:32 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dozzzzy! Wow a year already? Congratulations!

As you can see, I can't quite give it up ..... though I have been quite busy living a life too!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:48 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Hello to all that might remember me.

While I was waiting for my residency visa I spent all my time researching Ontario and Toronto, well Oakville, Brampton and the like, then at the last minute I decided to change and move to Vancouver instead. Vancouver is fantastic, ok it rains here, but who cares, the city is beautiful, when the sun comes out it's fantastic. The only view I don't like of vancouver it the one you get heading up West Georgia when coming out of Stanley Park, for some reason it reminds me of 1960's Russian Utilitarian Architecture, but that is very minor it is almost not worth mentioning.

Dozzzzy
Happy Anniversary Dozzzzy, glad to hear you are enjoying it ............ here's a photo of that view I like the fact that whilst I was stood on that bus stop I could look to my left & take the second photo ......... it's like 2 different places.
Attached Thumbnails Hello, it's been a while-1106492406_a93c21bf1d%5B1%5D.jpg   Hello, it's been a while-1106492196_b1927a6097%5B1%5D.jpg