Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to Vancouver, BC. Need info.

Wanting to move to Vancouver, BC. Need info.

Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

merson08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Wanting to move to Vancouver, BC. Need info.

Hello,

My family has decided to consider leaving England to start a new life in Vancouver, BC. We consist of me, my wife, my son who is 21 and 2 dog's. I have had 20 years experience as a Plumber and have all my certificates up to date. Any information would be fantastic as we are still a little clueless.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:55 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to Vancouver, BC. Need info.

Hi there, merson08, and welcome to the BE forum. I recommend the following Wiki articles:
Skilled Trades

Getting into Canada quickly

Where to live

Beginner's Guide to Canadian Immigration

Vancouver - albeit there are other nice places in British Columbia as well, e.g., Vancouver Island, the Okanagan Valley (Vernon, Kelowna, Penticton, etc.), Kamloops, to name a few
Hope that helps.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:58 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by merson08
Hello,

My family has decided to consider leaving England to start a new life in Vancouver, BC. We consist of me, my wife, my son who is 21 and 2 dog's. I have had 20 years experience as a Plumber and have all my certificates up to date. Any information would be fantastic as we are still a little clueless.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi merson08,
Welcome to the BE madhouse, good luck.... Loads of info here to help you, have a search around on the Wiki.

Charlie
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

chazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys yes welcome to BE .you mentioned your a plumber well I know BC is crying out for tradesmen. I've just gone through the PNP route got a job an an Electrician in Vancouver If you have a job offer the hole process should only take between 6-9 months try www.jobsearch-in-canada.com I've had no problems at all with this company. The other thing to do is go to one of the immigrate shows coming up soon Sandown Pk ( 1st / 2nd April ) other shows Belfast and Edinburgh not sure of dates though. We've just completed our Medicals ( 4th Jan ) so hope to be contacted by CIC soon good luck chaz .
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chazcanning
Hi Guys yes welcome to BE .you mentioned your a plumber well I know BC is crying out for tradesmen. I've just gone through the PNP route got a job an an Electrician in Vancouver If you have a job offer the hole process should only take between 6-9 months try www.jobsearch-in-canada.com I've had no problems at all with this company. The other thing to do is go to one of the immigrate shows coming up soon Sandown Pk ( 1st / 2nd April ) other shows Belfast and Edinburgh not sure of dates though. We've just completed our Medicals ( 4th Jan ) so hope to be contacted by CIC soon good luck chaz .
Hi and welcome to BE its def a mad house and great fun,

There is also a show in London for Canada at Olympia 28th june
Good luck with everything,