Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Health and safety

Health and safety

Old Feb 25th 2015, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health and safety

i would rather see the natural weeding out by Darwinism, than the EU safety police anyday! To quote that old adage...If you don't like it...no one is forcing you to stay.

For the original OP, a doctor once told me, that one of the reasons so many people get sick is that, in this day and age, they do NOT get exposed to germs and build up active robust immune systems....just saying
Old Feb 26th 2015, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheroadoflife
i would rather see the natural weeding out by Darwinism, than the EU safety police anyday! To quote that old adage...If you don't like it...no one is forcing you to stay.

For the original OP, a doctor once told me, that one of the reasons so many people get sick is that, in this day and age, they do NOT get exposed to germs and build up active robust immune systems....just saying
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure anyones immune system has ever been boosted by being exposed to hepatitis, or other lovely diseases like staph.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jericho79
Not sure anyones immune system has ever been boosted by being exposed to hepatitis, or other lovely diseases like staph.
Or by being exposed to falling off the roof through lack of safety measures
Old Feb 27th 2015, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but getting hepatitis is not very likely is it...here is a real story, that happened to me, I had a job in the UK in the course of that job a junkie stabbed me with a used syringe with blood....I had shot after shot, intensive courses of drugs, I thought i had a death sentence, made my will, and made myself more ill through worry than from the initial incident. The Doctor told me, even if the syringe had anything, does not mean you will get it, the odds of getting infected from one incident are so small...they are not worth worrying about...and if you're luck is that bad...well if it wasn't that, then you would walk outside and some careless person would fall off a roof land on you and kill you anyway!!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:16 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am 35, been getting hair cut in US/Canada for almost the same amount of time, many of those years (13 on) with barbers using razors and haven't been infected yet. The razors and combs have always been kept in some sort of blue liquid, I assume its some sort of cleaner.

This is the stuff:

Barbicide Concentrate | Salon Disinfectant | Barbicide

and it's usually in this sort of jar:

Barbicide Jars | Barbicide

and is effective in killing:

Proven effective against HIV-1, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Staphylococcus (including MRSA), Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Clostridium Difficile (C.Diff), Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus (VRE), Herpes, Influenza (including H1N1), “Athletes Foot” (TineaPedis)

I can't say I have ever been to a barber shop that didn't have this jar of blue liquid and kept their razors in it when not in use.
Always recall this stuff in barbers too. Not that I've been in one for about 10 years. I cut my own hair...not that I have much to shave lol.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

....you would walk outside and some careless person would fall off a roof land on you and kill you anyway!!
Much higher chance of that in Canada mind you.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:18 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rather grateful for health and safety measures that protect me from the stupidity and avarice of others.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:27 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bats
I'm rather grateful for health and safety measures that protect me from the stupidity and avarice of others.
But just think how many x-rays you could take without all that bothersome red tape. Waiting times sped up etc

Everyone a winner. What could go wrong?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 2:19 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
But just think how many x-rays you could take without all that bothersome red tape. Waiting times sped up etc

Everyone a winner. What could go wrong?
You have a point, would make all that training so much easier too. Zap, zap, zap.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

And if we all glow in the dark after all those x-rays....suddenly the road death toll falls..and the churches win as all those glowing people falling off roofs convince people angels are coming from heaven....everyones a winner!