Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Health & Safery qualifications

Health & Safery qualifications

Old May 21st 2016, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Lamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Health & Safery qualifications

I am a logistics manager by profession and I wish to continue this when I move over to Canada permanently next year.

I have a chance through my present employer to do some extra courses which I want to take advantage of. I was looking at Health & Safety ( general, and oil & Gas )etc, it's not something I want to actually get in to but I thought they would be good additions to a resume.

What's people's opinions on this or do they have any advice on which courses would be good to look into?

Many thanks.
Old May 21st 2016, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health & Safery qualifications

Originally Posted by Lamin
I am a logistics manager by profession and I wish to continue this when I move over to Canada permanently next year.

I have a chance through my present employer to do some extra courses which I want to take advantage of. I was looking at Health & Safety ( general, and oil & Gas )etc, it's not something I want to actually get in to but I thought they would be good additions to a resume.

What's people's opinions on this or do they have any advice on which courses would be good to look into?

Many thanks.
Are these courses free and if so what harm could their be in taking them and having that certification on your resume.
Its Health and Safety and most if not all places of work have H & S reps or people who are responsible. While the types of H & S vary its a standard most people understand and creates a safer work environment.
Old May 21st 2016, 10:32 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on where you are going Lamin, the Province will have their own safety council with recommended courses, many of which you can do online. Where I am, Worksafe New Brunswick, has lots of info and courses.

The list of the courses available is as long as your arm, and dependent on what you are doing, would probably augment your Resume nicely.

Very best of luck
Old May 22nd 2016, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Depending on where you are going Lamin, the Province will have their own safety council with recommended courses, many of which you can do online. Where I am, Worksafe New Brunswick, has lots of info and courses.

The list of the courses available is as long as your arm, and dependent on what you are doing, would probably augment your Resume nicely.

Very best of luck
Thanks guys