Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:10 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance

Originally Posted by Green5
Well it's your opinion I suppose.
No actually it is a FACT. They will cover you in Canada. End of story.
Not entirely sure why you are making this so hard on yourself.

Believe it or not , I am actually trying to save you some pain. The reason you can't get them to answer your question is because they don't understand what you are asking them.

Basically you are asking a company that specializes in Immigrant policies to Canada to prove that they'll cover you in Canada.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Green5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I meant your whole rant is your opinion dear.
If you don't agree or having nothing to add, I fully respect that but then why post something only to say that you disagree and to be condescending about it?

Some people are happy to go ahead and contract an insurance company even though there seems to be an area requiring further clarification - if it's not your case am glad for you!

I already explained it in detail why I wish to have this clarified - I just think you're missing the point.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

the question I am asking was pretty clear, its after '2)' above in my email. I want them to confirm whether or not the fact that they are not recognised i.e. not based in canada, has an impact or none what so ever from a costumer perspective.

I am assuming that it does not as you say, but I am sorry, I wont contract an insurance making assomptions.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Zoe. I don't understand who would recognize them. You pay them to cover you in Canada. If you get sick and have to go to the hospital, you go and pay out of pocket, then you submit the claim back to CanadaSure and they reimburse you.

There's no one to officially recognize them - that's why they couldn't 'prove' it - there's nothing to prove. You are asking them for something that doesn't exist.

You buy a policy with CanadaSure. It's active on the day you land in Canada, and it's active for 90 days. Within that 90 days, if you get sick, you first pay out of pocket, then they reimburse you.

That's it. Simples.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Ok, I see what you mean, but that this means that highlighting that Canadasure is not 'recognised' is in itself meaningless so I am still not sure then why another insurance company would feel that it was important to bring this up...!? (that other insurance company was 'warning me' of it.....)
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:23 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

BlueCross either misunderstood what CanadaSure do, or they were talking bollocks to get you to get a policy with them instead.

The sheer number of people on here who have used CanadaSure, myself included, shoudl be enough of an indication that it's not a scam.

I still don't get what you mean by 'recognized'... it's not like they have to register anywhere. Technically, I could say to you "Sure, I'll act as your health insurance for 90 days. If you get sick, go to the hospital, pay up, then give me the bill, and I'll pay you back." That's a contract between you and me, and no one else. THere's no one to 'recognize' me, and there's no one to stop you and me from entering into that contract together.

You could say to BlueCross "I am debating going with Schnooks for my insurance, she said she'd cover me for 90 days for $100, but you said it would be $300, so I'll go with Schnooks instead", then BlueCRoss comes back and says "we don't recognize Schnooks as a valid insurance company!"... so what? I can also choose not to recognize BlueCross either. It doesn't particularly matter. If I'm going to pay you for your out of pocket costs, then who recognizes whom is completely arbitrary.

They are talking bollocks, and you are MASSIVELY overthinking this.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

mbgirlfriend is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone read my post further up in the thread. I tried to explain what the misunderstanding was with blue cross. Blue cross is not medical insurance for travelers to Canada. It is suplimentry medical insurance for Canadian citizens or residents. You have to be covered by a provincial health care in order to qualify for Blue Cross. I am sure the person at Blue Cross was ting to tell you that Canadasure is not recognized (meaning one that Blue Cross does not reconize).

Also they could have meant that a hospital won't reconize your insurance to mean they wouldn't direct bill your insurance company. Meaning the hospital will bill you then you pass that bill to the insurance company.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 11:41 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbgirlfriend
Did anyone read my post further up in the thread. I tried to explain what the misunderstanding was with blue cross. Blue cross is not medical insurance for travelers to Canada. It is suplimentry medical insurance for Canadian citizens or residents. You have to be covered by a provincial health care in order to qualify for Blue Cross. I am sure the person at Blue Cross was ting to tell you that Canadasure is not recognized (meaning one that Blue Cross does not reconize).

Also they could have meant that a hospital won't reconize your insurance to mean they wouldn't direct bill your insurance company. Meaning the hospital will bill you then you pass that bill to the insurance company.
Blue Cross offer a visitors to Canada policy, albeit not as good as many one could buy before arriving in Canada.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 11:47 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Green5
I meant your whole rant is your opinion dear.
If you don't agree or having nothing to add, I fully respect that but then why post something only to say that you disagree and to be condescending about it?

Some people are happy to go ahead and contract an insurance company even though there seems to be an area requiring further clarification - if it's not your case am glad for you!

I already explained it in detail why I wish to have this clarified - I just think you're missing the point.
What you're asking is not answerable sweetie-pie. Not only are you being truly condescending to someone who is trying to help you but you're also being rude.

It's already been explained to you by a couple of different posters - I just think it's YOU who's missing the point.