Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Head Chef positions - eyes and ears needed!

Head Chef positions - eyes and ears needed!

Old Jan 7th 2017, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Head Chef positions - eyes and ears needed!

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Then no need to panic (yet!), it's not going to happen overnight .

Your son has up to a year from the date of issue to activate his LOI (as per all the great info Siouxsie has already given you).

Might I suggest taking a deep breath & calming down?

Once you have LMIA & your TWP, I'm going to go out on a limb & suggest that your husband won't have too much difficulty finding a job with a SOWP.
Very good advice !
I couldn't agree more. Now I know I have the job offer, I have no doubt he will get work once we are out there.

The original post was due to him having to get the job offered visa but now I know I have it, I'm starting to breathe again!

Thank you!
Old Jan 11th 2017, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

The occasional head chef positions do show up here: https://www.go2hr.ca/jobboard

Otherwise, I believe it'll be easier to network within the restaurant industry here in Vancouver, but this is not my industry, so I cannot say for certain. Also, it may be worthwhile for your son to brush up on the restaurant scene in Vancouver here:

http://scoutmagazine.ca/ - an excellent resource written from the perspective from some movers and shakers in the Vancouver restaurant industry.

Edit: Apparently they have a job posting page - I'd bookmark this! http://scoutmagazine.ca/category/community/now-hiring/

http://www.dineoutvancouver.com/restaurants/ - Dine Out Vancouver, a popular event in the city where local restaurants feature 3 course menus at a discount rate. A nice quick way to take in the styles and cuisines that are in demand in Vancouver, as well as a crash course in Vancouver restaurants, including many hotel restaurants.

http://vanmag.com/best-of-the-city/v...aurant-awards/ - Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards - another overview of what are considered to be the better restaurants in the city

Good luck!

Last edited by Lychee; Jan 11th 2017 at 1:56 am.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:44 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one to find the title of this thread a bit iffy?

That head chef must have some interesting recipes!
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Am I the only one to find the title of this thread a bit iffy?

That head chef must have some interesting recipes!