Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

has anyone flown with canadian affair recently ??

has anyone flown with canadian affair recently ??

Old May 9th 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough
Default has anyone flown with canadian affair recently ??

hi everyone
we have booked with them for july, and have used them before , very happy with them in deed

but the luggage allowence is 20kg , i know you can pay £6 kg for extra

but shall we take 2 cases and know they will be over and take a chance on them ..or just take an extra holdall so 3 pieces all together ???/

what do we think ?? at the end of the day , i don't mind to pay the extra , because we have to take a lot of things with us this time

we can't live without our quilt etc etc

what do you think .......2 cases overloaded V 2 cases and a holdall ???

thanks all

sharon
Old May 9th 2005, 9:05 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: has anyone flown with canadian affair recently ??

Husband returned with them on Saturday, They are quite hot on luggage, we watch the guy going up the aisle in check in telling people what they can and cant take as hand luggage. They have a measure thing there too. Also they were strict on over 20kg. A guy in front spent ages taking stuff out and distributing it between family. Hand luggage must be 5kg or under and they did weight and measure some bags.
We upgrade whenever we can to premium cabin as you can take 30kg each there. Upgrade cost £79 each way.

Use these vacuum bags for large items suck all the air out with vaccuum before packing! Weight stays the same but get more in. ( Ok until return when you cant find a vaccuum!!)

Originally Posted by louisbourg
hi everyone
we have booked with them for july, and have used them before , very happy with them in deed

but shall we take 2 cases and know they will be over and take a chance on them ..or just take an extra holdall so 3 pieces all together ???/

what do we think ?? at the end of the day , i don't mind to pay the extra , because we have to take a lot of things with us this time

thanks all

sharon
Old May 10th 2005, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Headhurts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louisbourg
hi everyone

thanks all

sharon

We flew out to Calgary with them last week, and they didn't bother to take a look at our hand luggage, or bother to weigh it. I will say one thing however.... There is a sign at the check-in desk that says they will not accept baggage weighing more than 30 Kilos. This is due to a health and safety issue (baggage handlers can't throw anything over 30 Kilos), so if I were you, I would spread the weight over three bags.
Old May 10th 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

We came back also on Saturday flight was fine and on time plus are luggage was waiting for us on convey belt when we got there, downside was we were charged along with quite a few others extra at Vancouver for luggage which was a bit of a surprise for us as we didn’t return with any think other than what we went with ($70) I don’t think they were to bothered at Gatwick, there handling agents in Vancouver just seemed to use it as a revenue earnings excursive.
Old May 10th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

When we flew at Christmas we had an extra large holdall with a lot of my sons toys and our cases weighed over, we didnt get charged a thing though. I guess its just a case of take a chance and see who you find on the day!!!
Old May 11th 2005, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by daisymoll
When we flew at Christmas we had an extra large holdall with a lot of my sons toys and our cases weighed over, we didnt get charged a thing though. I guess its just a case of take a chance and see who you find on the day!!!
I think you are right....a bit like immigration/customs...don't catch them on a bad day. i know everytime we have flown them they were very strict.

I remember taking a trip to Turkey and going there they had a fit about about my carry on luggage and ended up having to send it through cargo. the way they carried on about it was that I was threatening the safety of the entire population travelling by air on that day. On the return flight everyone...and I mean Everyone had excess luggage (including ourselves...a whole rucksack full of cartons to "give out" upon our return) and the scales didn't even work. Not an eyelash battered!!