Reload this Page >

Halifax, Where do I go?

Halifax, Where do I go?

Old Jun 19th 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

paul7908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Halifax, Where do I go?

Hello,
I am going to a wedding in Halifax in July.
Can anyone give me ideas of where to go and what to see?
Thank you.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to go to Halifax - its supposed to be really gorgeous all around there.

Try this

http://www.halifaxinfo.com/

Or this for all of Nova Scotia

http://www.destination-ns.com/

Have a great time!
Old Jun 19th 2003, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

paul7908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Thank you very much!

Originally posted by lizwil98
I would love to go to Halifax - its supposed to be really gorgeous all around there.

Try this

http://www.halifaxinfo.com/

Or this for all of Nova Scotia

http://www.destination-ns.com/

Have a great time!
Old Jun 19th 2003, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halifax, Where do I go?

Originally posted by paul7908
Hello,
I am going to a wedding in Halifax in July.
Can anyone give me ideas of where to go and what to see?
Thank you.

Suggest taking a look at

- the Cabot Trail (http://www.cabottrail.com/)

- Peggys Cove (http://www.peggys-cove.com/)

- Lunenburg (http://www.town.lunenburg.ns.ca/) home of the "Bluenose"

You can also drive over the bridge to Prince Edward Island (http://www.gov.pe.ca/)
Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Peggys Cove is highly overrated in our opinion and this seemed to be an opinioned shared by many Nova Scotians;

Anyway here is a piccie of it;

The lighthouse is effectively all it is.

Nice places to visit include Lunenberg and Mahone Bay. Also Lawrencetown beach is quite a nice place to go. Also Downtown Halifax and the Citadel and go whale watching if you can which you can do from Halifax.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Originally posted by daisymoll
Peggys Cove is highly overrated in our opinion and this seemed to be an opinioned shared by many Nova Scotians;

Anyway here is a piccie of it;

The lighthouse is effectively all it is.

Nice places to visit include Lunenberg and Mahone Bay. Also Lawrencetown beach is quite a nice place to go. Also Downtown Halifax and the Citadel and go whale watching if you can which you can do from Halifax.
Picture;
Attached Thumbnails Halifax, Where do I go?-smaller-peggys-cove.jpg  
Old Jun 20th 2003, 11:09 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Just spent a week at Dalhousie in Halifax. All of the above places are nice to visit - the Nova Scotian Crystal factory on the harbour front interested me. I have loads of pictures taken in the last two weeks if you want to see. Maxwell's Plum is a good Brit pub with nice beer. Got bladdered in there!
Attached Thumbnails Halifax, Where do I go?-halifax-harbour-front.jpg  
Old Jun 20th 2003, 11:13 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Peggy's Cove is just a lighthouse, I got some spectacular shots of the Atlantic and it was a nice day trip out from Halifax. The Swiss Air Memorial is up the road too. The village is quaint though - if tiny!
Attached Thumbnails Halifax, Where do I go?-peggys-cove-west-facing.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2003, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely photo of the sea!!!
Old Jun 21st 2003, 3:22 am
Cynically amused.

You can just see the shadow of a humpback in the sea if you look carefully - that was what I was trying to get and nearly got blown off the rocks taking the piccie (it was very windy!):scared: