Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

FX rates...will the rate stop dropping???

FX rates...will the rate stop dropping???

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:14 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FX rates...will the rate stop dropping???

Originally Posted by helcat12
Other esteemed members of this forum.
Not saying they are right or wrong, but they might be more up to date than 2006.
Search other recent threads and you will see this been discussed several times.
I'll put my hand up. I think 1.70 is where the rate should be. GBP is oversold imo and has been for a while.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by heading-west
Ive just had my daily update form HiFX and todays rate is now 1.56!
Holy cow!

when will it stop???
The money markets are not expecting the next interest rate rise in the UK until the summer of 2011. Even then, the BoE rate is expected to be only 0.75% at the end of 2011. More quantative easing is not out of the question but now looking less likely. Many believe the pound has been manipulated downwards to help exports in the current economic situation.

Of course, this is good news for people planning to move back to the UK or even from the UK to the Eurozone at the moment. Some are happy, some are not.

Last edited by johnh009; Dec 4th 2010 at 8:33 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: US banks predict sterling set to crash

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
US banks predict sterling set to crash
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2...-to-crash.html
Interesting that Lehman Bros were spot on with their prediction in 2006 regarding the pound and the UK economy in general but failed to predict their own demise. There were one of America's oldest financial institutions (1844) and declared bankruptcy in 2008 mainly due to "cosmetic" accounting.

Last edited by johnh009; Dec 4th 2010 at 8:45 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12

the much-predicted housing market crash in the Greater Vancouver/ Island area!
Hi
If I had a dollar for everytime someone has suggested a crash in GVR area ...
I could buy a house with dollar coins now.

But seriously
I have been waiting to upsize for nearly three years now....
still no crash...
cheers
Jerry
Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:18 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
If I had a dollar for everytime someone has suggested a crash in GVR area ...
I could buy a house with dollar coins now.

But seriously
I have been waiting to upsize for nearly three years now....
still no crash...
cheers
Jerry
It won't happen (much) nominally.