Reload this Page >

Easy to follow guidance needed

Easy to follow guidance needed

Old Mar 11th 2018, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

TeresaC1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Easy to follow guidance needed

Hi All.
My partner and I have discussed back and forth for a while about moving abroad with our two young girls. I feel very strongly that the UK economy and education system has nothing to offer them and I am keen for them to have oppotunities that I never had. I am also dead against bringing them up in a community where we work hard just to have others around us systematically try to bring us down.

I am an FE teacher and my partner is Police, both with skilled portfolios. However circumstances have meant we are renters here with no prospects to buy.

As I continue to look for info about the viability of a move to Canada, I am becoming overwhelmed by all the information that seems to take me down paths that do not really explain anything.

Is there a place/person/site that can coherently break down everything we need to know to help make this decision?

We have extended family in Calgary that could support to an extent but obviously their view is that we should move. I need to make sure it is right for us.
Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2018, 5:20 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy to follow guidance needed

The blue bar top of this page 'Wiki' Enough there to get you started.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

donnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy to follow guidance needed

We have been in Alberta almost 4yrs.

I would suggest start with the CIC 'Express entry' to see if you qualify.

Also have a look at
https://education.alberta.ca/teachin.../?searchMode=3

Also have a look at Indeed.ca for jobs.

Also bare in mind where you might like to live...an incoming PC may not have a great choice and you could end up somewhere remote! you need to check into the RCMP or even Sherrif office.

As a teach, subject and experience may again see a demand in a rural or remote area...but do consider you girls age in this.

We arrived in Northern Alberta to a town of 1700.
Lovely schools and 12 in a class was a blessing...but you need to be realistic in your approach.

We moved nearer to a city for future job prospects for our girls but still live in a 'hamlet' outside the city...which brings slightly larger class sizes.

We also looked at BC, but the Union activity put us off...Union is perhaps not so big in Alberta!?!

As with anywhere in the world...nearer a city, more pricey and more problems.

Personally I hate city living so Edmonton or Calgary was a NO-NO...but start looking around, ask the family you have in Canada for opinions on different area's, on healthcare, taxes, cost of living etc.

We still love the quite, wildlife, cost for us on Everything is cheaper, so Canada is still all new and shiny!