Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't Trash the UK!

Don't Trash the UK!

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:17 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Trash the UK!

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Same way as I'm defending single mums - I used to hate telling people I was on my own because I always got that look.
I got "that look" up until very recently. I got married three weeks ago, and suddenly, at least for some local members of the Judgemental A**hole Party, I am now OK talk to, no longer being the scandalous single Mum of five. Stuff 'em.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:04 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The Conservatives demonised single parents. Ironic really, when you consider how many some of them were responsible for.

Cecil Parkinson?
LOLOLOL nice one
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:08 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
I got "that look" up until very recently. I got married three weeks ago, and suddenly, at least for some local members of the Judgemental A**hole Party, I am now OK talk to, no longer being the scandalous single Mum of five. Stuff 'em.
Single mum of five..... I am not sure I should be typing in this forum <tries to give the look>

Judgemental people are so flipping stupid it is irritating. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that such stupid people do not see the irony of deeming you respectable now you are married. Don't they ask themselves.... so what is different about dingbat that was bad before ???? My advice is to be polite but generally ignore them they do not deserve your consideration

Last edited by Dave+Jules; Jun 2nd 2009 at 4:11 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
LOLOLOL nice one
What are you still doing up? This is New Brunswick where everyone is in bed by 11.00 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:11 am
Happy in NB

What are you still doing up? This is New Brunswick where everyone is in bed by 11.00 pm.
I'm in Quebec until 4th June
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:16 am
Happy in NB

OK bed time for me now,
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:38 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Single mum of five..... I am not sure I should be typing in this forum <tries to give the look>

Judgemental people are so flipping stupid it is irritating. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that such stupid people do not see the irony of deeming you respectable now you are married. Don't they ask themselves.... so what is different about dingbat that was bad before ???? My advice is to be polite but generally ignore them they do not deserve your consideration
They don't deserve a blink. I was with the Dad of the first four for twenty years, and i have just married the Dad of the fifth after seven years together. I have never been on benefits in my life - anywhere. I was roundly criticised for being a working mother when I got here - sometimes, you just cannot win, no matter what you do.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:14 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
I was always tempted to say that my Ex had died - but then if he had I'd feel guilty Congrats on the nuptials xx
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Back on the subject of lone parents and whether working tax credits are worth going for, I found this new post on the MBTTUK forum.
Originally Posted by Mary1967UK
When I got back I signed up with a temping agency, took the first job they offered (not brill but it was a job) and was immediately entitled to working/child tax credit, which was worth just over £120 per week - this help proved invaluable and made getting a permanent job much easier. JSA is a life line if you've got no other options, but don't discount low paid jobs either, because if you've got kids, working/child tax credit will increase your wage quite significantly.
I'd change the last line to 'may' rather than 'will' but the poster makes an excellent point.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Re: Don't Trash the UK!

Having read all the posts here... can I just say that this line:-

" any less deserving of the help, friendship and advice of this forum "

should also be attributed to people who take the p out of people's spelling, what paper they may read or their opinion/views too.

Debate is one thing.....being sarcastic and looking down your nose is another!

I love this Forum but find sometimes people really don't (or do not) have patience with one another or want to entertain peoples "newness" (sorry made that word up just because I wanted to)......some people may have views that are different to your own. If you have not personally experienced one anothers lives, then you really cannot determine whether they are or are not telling the truth - regardless of what paper you may read! It's that persons perspective.

Sorry but eating my brunch here in Canada (been here 6 months) and reading the site........its been grating on me for a while but just this morning I had to post.

Bring on the flamers!

Thanks
Nats

I was so annoyed - i've just realised that im replying to a thread that was earlier on, in the long line of threads - so is confusing - sorry peeps - I'll go back to my breakfast hahahahah x

Last edited by NatsnSid; Jun 6th 2009 at 6:27 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:41 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NatsnSid
...entertain peoples "newness" (sorry made that word up just because I wanted to)......
I'm not sure you can make something up and call it your own if it already exists