Dog food

Old Mar 4th 2018, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

aerivona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dog food

Hi

If all goes well, I might be moving to Calgary in April. We have a dog and we are trying to find dog food we can buy in the UK, that's also available in Canada. We want our dog to be used to it before we move over. Our dog is a small cockapoo and eats dry food. Does anyone have any recommendations for brands?
Old Mar 4th 2018, 3:44 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog food

It's dog food! It will get used to whatever, wherever.

Do people eat poutine to get used to it before coming to Canada?
Old Mar 4th 2018, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aviator
It's dog food! It will get used to whatever, wherever.

Do people eat poutine to get used to it before coming to Canada?
Obviously not a dog owner.

I would appreciate helpful replies from fellow dog owners who also wanted to avoid digestive issues during their move.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 3:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aerivona
I've got two dogs but it wouldn't occur to me to get them used to a food before moving over tbh! Ours will eat whatever, have happily switched foods when we've taken them to France etc. And they're not labradors before you ask.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've got two dogs but it wouldn't occur to me to get them used to a food before moving over tbh! Ours will eat whatever, have happily switched foods when we've taken them to France etc. And they're not labradors before you ask.
Lucky. What brand do you feed yours at the moment? Ours gets sick if we change her food too quickly.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky. What brand do you feed yours at the moment? Ours gets sick if we change her food too quickly.
Must be the poodle in her, can't be the cocker, they're the best dogs in the world. Along with springer spaniels.

Ours have Dr Johns Gold now, but we've often bought something different in the past if the animal feed store has run out of that one, or when we've been elsewhere.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Must be the poodle in her, can't be the cocker, they're the best dogs in the world. Along with springer spaniels.

Ours have Dr Johns Gold now, but we've often bought something different in the past if the animal feed store has run out of that one, or when we've been elsewhere.
Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:08 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I would appreciate helpful replies from fellow dog owners who also wanted to avoid digestive issues during their move.
Perhaps one should not make assumptions! We have three, healthy and happy to eat what they are given and don't get the shits.

We don't buy them booties or sweaters, they live like dogs and have 100 acres to roam in the day and a heated shed to come into at night. They are partial to the occasional mouse, great at mole eradication, and keep the coyotes at bay. The vet tells us they are some of the healthiest and happiest dogs he deals with.

Last edited by Aviator; Mar 4th 2018 at 4:37 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:33 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

We feed our bitch the Kirkland (Costco) organic / grain free. Very good value and poos are solid.
Attached Thumbnails Dog food-imageservice.jpg  
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Danny B
We feed our bitch the Kirkland (Costco) organic stuff. Very good value and poos are solid.
Thanks, good suggestion. Might be able to get that from our local Costco.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:38 pm

Thanks, good suggestion. Might be able to get that from our local Costco.
The bag might be the same, but the contents may be different. Pedigree in Canada is different to Pedigree in the UK.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I have a cockerpoo, I feed her either on Performatrin Ultra Grain Free or Boreal Grain Free.

Performatrin Ultra ® Grain-Free Recipe Dog Food - Performatrin - Excellence in Nutrition
https://borealpetfood.com/Dogs/

She also gets a small amount of ground chicken, salmon etc., once a day as I don't like feeding her just kibble.

You might find this website of interest https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-f...ra-grain-free/

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 4th 2018 at 5:10 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I have a cockerpoo, I feed her either on Performatrin Ultra Grain Free or Boreal Grain Free.

Performatrin Ultra ® Grain-Free Recipe Dog Food - Performatrin - Excellence in Nutrition
https://borealpetfood.com/Dogs/

She also gets ground chicken, salmon etc., once a day as I don't like feeding her just kibble.

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2018, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
The bag might be the same, but the contents may be different. Pedigree in Canada is different to Pedigree in the UK.

I agree ...........

I'm not a dog owner, but I do know that it might be possible that dog food is like human food ................... what you get in North America even if labelled as the same brand is NOT always the same.

Just ask any recent arrival over here about Cadbury's chocolate!

why not bring a small amount of her UK food over here and try gradually changing her over to a Canadian brand?
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Acana is a Canadian made food and they export to various countries.

They make their food in Alberta for the Canadian and international markets except the US where they also have a facility.

They also make Orijen which they may also export.

We have a dog but we dont feed kibble and Acana is the only kibble I used when we did and its a good quality food for a kibble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.