Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Dog baggage or cargo, and kennels in Toronto

Dog baggage or cargo, and kennels in Toronto

Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog baggage or cargo, and kennels in Toronto

Hi

No problem I'm hoping for a nice smooth transit over and he gets in the hold as this seems the easy option.

Good luck with the move.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Dog lovers transporting their pets via Pearson might not want to read this article then

https://usa-latestnews.com/latest-ne...irport-tarmac/
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

BartyM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rwren10
Yes I am the same. I have had quotes from so many companies and they have all said over £1k. When I do my calculation to do it all myself it comes to nowhere near that amount. I'm sure/hope I'm just worrying unnecessarily.

I too have just bought my crate from Doggie Solutions so I think that's me all set It's just the poor dog doesn't know what he's in for!

Thanks very much for your help!
I too will be looking at taking my 2 dogs from Glasgow to Toronto. Do you have a breakdown of tasks/costs involved in the diy process ?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
This is a rough breakdown of the costs I have accounted for.
Rabies jab and passport set up £72
Crate and extras for transit £145
(it may depend on breed/size of dog etc for the cost of the crate).
I also plan on getting an adaptil collar £20
Fit to fly from vet £45
Cost of flight $236
Clearance in Customs $30

I was quite daunted about doing it myself but seems the best way.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:59 am
Just Joined

BartyM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Hi
This is a rough breakdown of the costs I have accounted for.
Rabies jab and passport set up £72
Crate and extras for transit £145
(it may depend on breed/size of dog etc for the cost of the crate).
I also plan on getting an adaptil collar £20
Fit to fly from vet £45
Cost of flight $236
Clearance in Customs $30

I was quite daunted about doing it myself but seems the best way.
Thanks for that. I've 2 dogs, so £2000+ was worrying me. Flight vs kennel's was going to be a consideration. . would it possible to let me know how it goes ?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BartyM
Thanks for that. I've 2 dogs, so £2000+ was worrying me. Flight vs kennel's was going to be a consideration. . would it possible to let me know how it goes ?
Hi yes does work out very expensive I can see the advantages of getting a company to do it if you need to go over first. If you search the forum there are some interesting posts from people who have done it themselves. We don't fly out till mid June but will try and get something on here when we do.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying on 2 May with 3 small dogs to Toronto from London Heathrow. To fly with a pet transport company the cost would have been more than £2000.

We have paid £240 for 3 IATA approved crates.
£100 for rabies shots.
$265 each to Air Canada to transport the dogs.
We have paperwork from DEFRA EXA01 form and 3 EHC forms ( Export Health Certificates)
Final vet fit to fly check booked 48 hours before we fly.

We reckon it will cost us 50% less to do everything ourselves.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone sorry to jump on this thread but I have a bit of a different situation, we are in Canada now and our dog is in the UK With my mum, the problem I have is the airlines won't let my dog travel on its own I have to go through a third company!!! Surely my mum can drop my dog of at Gatwick and I pick her up at Vancouver? Has anybody done this without paying close to a thousand pounds my dog is a jack Russell, thankyou guys
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Hello everyone sorry to jump on this thread but I have a bit of a different situation, we are in Canada now and our dog is in the UK With my mum, the problem I have is the airlines won't let my dog travel on its own I have to go through a third company!!! Surely my mum can drop my dog of at Gatwick and I pick her up at Vancouver? Has anybody done this without paying close to a thousand pounds my dog is a jack Russell, thankyou guys
Hi I did read on a previous post that somebody paid for her mum to fly over with her dog as it was cheaper than using a company, as the airline didn't fly unaccompanied animals. It might be worthwhile checking different airlines and also I think they have to go in cargo if unaccompanied. Maybe search the forum or check on the wiki bit.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Williamspost is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a German Sheppard. I was thinking I would ask my vet if I could sedate him for the flight to keep him relax. Has anyone done this or even if it is possible?
Old Apr 5th 2018, 12:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Williamspost
I have a German Sheppard. I was thinking I would ask my vet if I could sedate him for the flight to keep him relax. Has anyone done this or even if it is possible?
Must vets will not agree to that...unless a vet is accompanying the animal...as it is dangerous.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, for the fast response. I might just be worried over nothing but I am really concerned about him on an air plane. The idea of leaving him in a crate is horrid. That said, I can't leave him behind. Thanks again
Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, for the fast response. I might just be worried over nothing but I am really concerned about him on an air plane. The idea of leaving him in a crate is horrid. That said, I can't leave him behind. Thanks again
You aren't allowed to sedate a pet on a flight. I'm getting my Labrador an Adaptil collar, you can get them from Amazon they release a pheromone that naturally calms them best to put on a week or so before you go. My dog is a bit excitable ( typical Lab) but having read other posts I think/ hope he'll just settle down once loaded and go to sleep.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Great thanks for that I am googling them now.

May be they do one for humans too
Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks for that I am googling them now.

May be they do one for humans too
You can also get special dog jackets that help sooth them.

Dog Anxiety Vest | Shop Dog Anxiety Treatments | ThunderWorks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.