Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Credit history & Banking in Canada

Credit history & Banking in Canada

Old Mar 7th 2015, 5:38 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit history & Banking in Canada

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Rent a room in a private house, most city's have loads of people renting rooms out, and they don't generally do credit checks and if you have the cash to pay, will rent to you. Lots of people have to do that in Vancouver as did I and where I lived now.
Done this in Guelph myself. Plenty of students looking rooms.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm if you think $1100 a month all in is expensive i shudder to think where you'll end up renting unless as suggested you get a room in a shared house.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 10:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
Hmm if you think $1100 a month all in is expensive i shudder to think where you'll end up renting unless as suggested you get a room in a shared house.
I know it's hard for people on this site at times to understand, but 1,100 is a lot of money to a lot of people. To be able to pay that much for rent means your very fortunate in life.

Takes about 3 weeks after taxes for some to earn that much working 40 hours a week.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

I did share a place in winnipeg with three guys, wasnt about money just all looking at same time so we rented a 4 bed house, full basement with a bar etc all in was $650 per month and with 3 being serious online gamers and two working in IT/IBM we had the fastest net shaw could give us so you could save a few bucks if you didnt get that.
But that was all in so pretty good but you need to know the people or be able to get along with strangers at first. Down side was only one bathroom which was hectic on work days lol