Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Crazy Freaks!!!

Crazy Freaks!!!

Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crazy Freaks!!!

I've come to realise the benefit of wearing a baseball cap on everyday travelling around Vancouver... To be able to look down and avoid eye contact with the demented crazy fools that you occasionally run into.

Today I was sitting on the bus after a hard day at work. This guy stands near the door as if he's about to get off at the next stop. He's about 40 years old or so and is standing literally 6 foot away from me by the door. All of a sudden, out of nowhere he says rather too loudly "You godamn mother****er... I'm going to freak out!". I looked up to see him doing a Phil Mitchell, you know the look, fists clenched, breathing hard through clenched teeth, eyes bulging, veins on forehead throbbing... A bit like this , but with more sweat and spit... Now that put me a little on edge as you can imagine. And he followed this up with "You godamn mother ****ing bag of human shit" (little pause)... "human shit". Then the bus stopped and he got off...

I guess the closing down of the looney asylums wasn't such a good idea after all!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:39 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crazy Freaks!!!

So there is mental illness in Canada?

Welcome to the real world.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:06 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jonny
I've come to realise the benefit of wearing a baseball cap on everyday travelling around Vancouver... To be able to look down and avoid eye contact with the demented crazy fools that you occasionally run into.

Today I was sitting on the bus after a hard day at work. This guy stands near the door as if he's about to get off at the next stop. He's about 40 years old or so and is standing literally 6 foot away from me by the door. All of a sudden, out of nowhere he says rather too loudly "You godamn mother****er... I'm going to freak out!". I looked up to see him doing a Phil Mitchell, you know the look, fists clenched, breathing hard through clenched teeth, eyes bulging, veins on forehead throbbing... A bit like this , but with more sweat and spit... Now that put me a little on edge as you can imagine. And he followed this up with "You godamn mother ****ing bag of human shit" (little pause)... "human shit". Then the bus stopped and he got off...

I guess the closing down of the looney asylums wasn't such a good idea after all!
Just goes to prove people are the same where ever you are in the world.

have a drink mate
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

HEL1965 is an unknown quantity at this point

the man may be suffering from tourette's syndrome, which doesn't make him a freak.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by HEL1965
the man may be suffering from tourette's syndrome, which doesn't make him a freak.
or a hands free mobile phone!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Headhurts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SimonG
or a hands free mobile phone!
LMAO!!!!
That's a good one.....
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:10 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
So there is mental illness in Canada?

Welcome to the real world.
Like the guy we saw walking down Robson St Vancouver wearing sackcloth, no shoes, long Jesus type beard and hair, ranting and raving. :scared:

Pity him or laugh at him ? The answer might indicate whether one is suitable for the Canadian lifestyle and culture.

Rich.