Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Courses in England that I can use in Canada

Courses in England that I can use in Canada

Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

mumto5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Courses in England that I can use in Canada

Hi all sorry for posting yet another question. Does anyone know if I can do a childcare course in England online that will enable me to work in Canada in childcare? I've already got an nvq3 here but it's not recognised over in Canada so I want to get the qualifications here before I go but not sure it's possible.
Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2017, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Courses in England that I can use in Canada

Originally Posted by mumto5
Hi all sorry for posting yet another question. Does anyone know if I can do a childcare course in England online that will enable me to work in Canada in childcare? I've already got an nvq3 here but it's not recognised over in Canada so I want to get the qualifications here before I go but not sure it's possible.
Thanks
It appears via internet search that you can do online courses from Canadian sources. Google 'online courses for child care in Canada' and see if the results have any meaning to you.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you 😁
Old Aug 15th 2017, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

The ECE (Early Childhood Education) qualification seems to be the main one here.

Here's the BC government information about it: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/ed...dhood-educator

(Not sure which province you have in mind, BC is just an example).

Last edited by adele; Aug 15th 2017 at 5:04 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thank you and it is bc I'm looking at moving to 😁 might be going over at Xmas too so can look into it more too. I'm wondering if I could get a job in childcare over there whilst doing the course online or to just do the course before we go...
Regards Lisa
Old Aug 15th 2017, 10:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumto5
Hi thank you and it is bc I'm looking at moving to � ���� might be going over at Xmas too so can look into it more too. I'm wondering if I could get a job in childcare over there whilst doing the course online or to just do the course before we go...
Regards Lisa
From the link:

Graduates from an approved training program can work as an early childhood educator or assistant once they apply to receive a certificate from the provincial government.
You would need to be qualified before you could work, unfortunately.

The other thing to consider is that you would need an employer to be willing to go through the LMIIA process in order to be able to get a work permit.. unless you are under 31 and could perhaps see if you would be lucky enough to get an IEC working holiday work permit. The other alternative would be to see if you can qualify for PR via the Express Entry system.

Unfortunately, it's not a case of just turning up and expecting to secure a job any longer.

Best of luck with your studies!

Old Aug 16th 2017, 1:37 am
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point

We really need more ECE's (I'm in BC) I was lucky because I had a qualification that was recognised (NNEB in Nursery Nursing) but I still had to go down the study route, I'm actually glad I did because I originally trained back home in 2000 so it was good to refresh everything I've now finished and am working waiting on PR, good luck with it!