Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The 'cost'/reality of living the dream..

The 'cost'/reality of living the dream..

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:54 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'cost'/reality of living the dream..

Originally Posted by el_richo
Don't you have 5 kids or something
[B]lived[B]
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:18 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
[B]lived[B]
Ooops
Old Apr 5th 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

crusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud of

well if you can survive in the UK I am guesisng you can survive in Canada right? I mean surely it can't be more expensive than the UK?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 4:38 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crusheduk
well if you can survive in the UK I am guesisng you can survive in Canada right? I mean surely it can't be more expensive than the UK?
To be able to take advantage of the lifestyle I wanted Canada to offer me makes it considerably more expensive than the UK. Day to day living is not greatly different, but if all I could attain here was a similar lifestyle, what would be the point of moving? I'm not interested in comparable survival, I want improvement and that costs $
Old Apr 8th 2012, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

crusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud of

^^ I was adressing the OP. ^^
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:40 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crusheduk
I mean surely it can't be more expensive than the UK?
Of course it can
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
To be able to take advantage of the lifestyle I wanted Canada to offer me makes it considerably more expensive than the UK. Day to day living is not greatly different, but if all I could attain here was a similar lifestyle, what would be the point of moving? I'm not interested in comparable survival, I want improvement and that costs $
Echo RICH.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:42 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
It is rather utilitarian/industrial isn't it?!
while not overly inspiring, it wasn't that bad and the area looks not too bad....ive seen much, much worse in manchester
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:47 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimandBettina
Hey! I have a house in Collingwood and will be moving there after I retire from the Army soon! What a great place it is! We cannot wait to come over. How are you settling into the area?

We bought about 5 years ago and have come over for holidays. I love the place.

Jim
collingwood is a lot safer today due to the arrest of matt foerster:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...e.html?cmp=rss